VW2022 - Attribute Palette Redesign

Is the redesigned Attribute palette now dockable in a sensible fashion?

Seems form the video it is locked to a single column layout, yet it would be great for integrating with the rest of the palettes if it had a 2 column horizontal layout. Pen next Fill instead of being on top. 

It would then work nicely with the natural width of the Navigation or Object Info. 

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, Kevin McAllister said:

The challenge of course is that all of the other things to dock it with are wider. Its almost always going to want to have a horizontal orientation....

Kevin

There are so many options for a redesign. It's a UI/UX designer's dream assignment.

Edited by bcd
  • Like 2
7 hours ago, Kevin McAllister said:

The challenge of course is that all of the other things to dock it with are wider. Its almost always going to want to have a horizontal orientation....

Kevin

Exactly so why wasn't the design horizontal or better still and floating or summonable like smart palettes on the cursor. 

Still popups are great. 

My first reaction to the redisigned Atributes Palette was: wow that's huge. The added row's with the text 'Pen' 'Fill' and 'Effects' are part of reason why. Don't get me wrong, I think this space is good to separate them. Also compared to other parts of the interface the atributes palette is almost twice as high as for example the rows of object info palette. I do think the atributes palette is more import, so it has to be a bit bigger. But I think right now it's to 'bold' IMHO.

631803990_Atributespalette.png.4befe2ffc2b85fed280c2a107d0ec2b6.png

Other than that I really like the submenu opens next to the atributes palette, nice look with good images explaining the functions.

Only I think that the "Edit Marker" needs some love. This seems the only part left of the old UI. Also the checkbox to activate the shadow seems akward. 

Edited by MarcelP102
  • 4 weeks later...

I put this up on another thread about the attribute palette.

1885006561_AttributeComp.jpg.c08d409dbf45c79db0f05571d1f3334a.jpg

Definitely not as svelte as 2021...

Nor as legible at a glance.

I'm really happy they're exploring new UI (ahem, dark mode for windows, ahem).

I don't think they hit it on the first shot here with the attribute palette.

Also if the attribute is set to 'none' the color band disappears - why is the "transparency" band still there?

On 9/16/2021 at 10:33 AM, jeff prince said:

if it behaved more like Concepts or Procreate for the Ipad,

Something out of the box like this might actually work for such a "creative focused" app.

Edited by hollister design Studio
  • Like 2