Snapping Palette in 2022 missing...

I for one, would like to see an option to have snapping as a floating or dockable palette return to the interface.

I find that with my setup, dual monitors, main monitor 30", the snapping palette is way less usable and much harder target to mouse over to than it was before.

For me at least, it's a significant decrease in usability.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

Terrible location. Whose "brilliant" idea was it to make it unmovable. You could ave left it floating or attach it to any side of your window as in previous versions. What is the "improvement" by making it unmovable? Why the the lower right side? Whats next? The navigation, objects info, etc. palettes? Make it movable like before.

• Like 2

I'm generally not so sure about this release in general. I was really looking forward to the under the hood improvements. It seems as if generally, things have become quite a bit slower. the 2021 release was quite a step forward in performance. this feels very sluggish and slow in comparison. also, I don't really see the multi-core adaptation. rendering facades still more or less kills vectorworks until it's done. no work can be done on the side. also, some very weird design choices, snapping palette being one of them. I also don't like the attributes palette, it looks horrible. and what about the stair manager? every self respecting architect will modell their own stairs anyway. it seems ridiculous to praise this as feature...

continuity: there is now a gizmo (like in rhino) to move and rotate nurbs points. why oh WHY is this gizmo not available everywhere in 3d?!?

is there any conceptual thinking done at nemetschek? there are countless other examples of ideas and features not thoroughly and consequently thought through.

also: bugs. I just tried to export a stepped terrain to rhino or stp. both generates a geometry which is a flat board with all the elevation layers compacted into 1m.

... sorry for the rant. I use vectorworks for like 16 years and it's so frustrating. it could be so much better than it is.

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...