Just downloaded 2022, Closes itself.

Ryan Gann

Question

I have the same problem here. 

It just closes itself regardless of any update.

Clean install straight from the portal.

Machine spec exceeds the minimum requirements: 

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10870H CPU @ 2.20GHz   2.21 GHz
Installed RAM    32.0 GB (31.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

GPU - RTX3070 8GB

Edition    Windows 10 Pro
Version    21H1
OS build    19043.1237
Experience    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.3530.0

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Sam Williams@Ryan Gann Are either of these Dell laptops by chance?

Additionally, do you have any 3rd party applications running that are part of Windows StartUp?  If so, I would try disabling a handful at a time, restart the computer, try Vectorworks again.  If Vectorworks still crashes, re-enable items you turned off earlier, then disable more StartUp items, until you’ve exhausted the list.  We have found for example the application, “NZXT CAM” running, causes Vectorworks to crash when switching workspaces, tearing off palettes and resizing the application window.

Thanks for your reply gentlemen, sorry it has taken so long to get back. I do not run anything extra, no 3rd party apps running at the time. It seems like it might be a resolution issue to me but I very well could be wrong (not a computer guy). Mr. Stanford, you are correct I should have posted my specs. my apologies. See below. I would be surprised if it is my computer, I hope not.

Alienware Are-51 R5

I7-9800 @3.8 ghz Overclocked to 4.5+

32 GB Ram

Win 10

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 ti

I can open 2022 and do stuff with it it's just when I try to resize it crashes to the desktop.

Let me know if that helps. Thanks for taking a look and any help would be good.

Ryan

16 minutes ago, Ryan Gann said:

Thanks for your reply gentlemen, sorry it has taken so long to get back. I do not run anything extra, no 3rd party apps running at the time. It seems like it might be a resolution issue to me but I very well could be wrong (not a computer guy). Mr. Stanford, you are correct I should have posted my specs. my apologies. See below. I would be surprised if it is my computer, I hope not.

Alienware Are-51 R5

I7-9800 @3.8 ghz Overclocked to 4.5+

32 GB Ram

Win 10

NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 ti

I can open 2022 and do stuff with it it's just when I try to resize it crashes to the desktop.

Let me know if that helps. Thanks for taking a look and any help would be good.

Ryan

This appears to be a Dell Alienware computer, correct?  If so, see if there's a way to temporarily, disable the, "Dell Command Center" App and "Dell Support Assist" App and see if the crashing goes away.

UPDATE: I went ahead and installed 2022 on my laptop just to have a second machine try and run it and it opens to full screen but when I try and make the window smaller it crashes on that machine as well.

Specs: (I remembered this time)

Alienware M17 R3

i7 10750 2.6ghz

16gb ram

RTX 2070

Not sure if this helps. PS I have not added anything to vwx2022 no files or anything. It is updated.

Ryan

Same issue here with a Dell Alienware Machine. 

Resizing the desktop crashes the software. Pretty much essential on a 32:9 Display.

I am also using Powertoys. Although this isn't causing the crash.

This is Similar to the situation from the initial release for VW2021. 

I Would benefit from this being resolved quickly this time round, as i would like to use VW CC on a project

to start using is as a replacement for Autocad and reliability will kill it.

One of our distributors has reported the same issue on Dell Alienware laptops.  They found that uninstalling the, "Dell Command Center" App and "Dell Support Assist" App resolved the issue.  I was hesitant in asking you to uninstall, as I don't know what's required to restore these applications for future use?  @Ryan GannWere you able to disable these applications or did you uninstall these applications?

It's also possible, a Windows StartUp application is causing the issue.  Type, "Startup Apps" in the search field of your Windows Taskbar to gain access.  I would try disabling a few items at a time, restart the computer, try Vectorworks again.  If Vectorworks still crashes, re-enable items you turned off earlier, then disable more StartUp items, until you’ve exhausted the list.  We have found for example the application, “NZXT CAM” running, causes Vectorworks to crash when switching workspaces, tearing off palettes and resizing the application window.  "NZXT CAM" adds an overlay to your screen, so possibly, other applications that add an overlay might be at play here?

Hi

Try to go to Dell's website and look for updates for your specific machine. for my part I found a Bios update and a processor driver update.

I did these updates without a success prior to uninstall the apps mentioned by Gunther solved my issue. Maybe the conjunction of the two can help you.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Gunther said:

One of our distributors has reported the same issue on Dell Alienware laptops.  They found that uninstalling the, "Dell Command Center" App and "Dell Support Assist" App resolved the issue.  I was hesitant in asking you to uninstall, as I don't know what's required to restore these applications for future use?  @Ryan GannWere you able to disable these applications or did you uninstall these applications?

It's also possible, a Windows StartUp application is causing the issue.  Type, "Startup Apps" in the search field of your Windows Taskbar to gain access.  I would try disabling a few items at a time, restart the computer, try Vectorworks again.  If Vectorworks still crashes, re-enable items you turned off earlier, then disable more StartUp items, until you’ve exhausted the list.  We have found for example the application, “NZXT CAM” running, causes Vectorworks to crash when switching workspaces, tearing off palettes and resizing the application window.  "NZXT CAM" adds an overlay to your screen, so possibly, other applications that add an overlay might be at play here?

I was not able to find "Dell Command Center" at all. I did find "Dell Support Assist" and did disable it but it didn't change anything really, Vectorworks still crashed. I will try and find this "NZXT CAM" and try disabling that and see if that does anything at all.

42 minutes ago, AChekir said:

Hi

Try to go to Dell's website and look for updates for your specific machine. for my part I found a Bios update and a processor driver update.

I did these updates without a success prior to uninstall the apps mentioned by Gunther solved my issue. Maybe the conjunction of the two can help you.

Yeaaa, Not a computer savvy guy, I know some stuff but not when getting into the Bios and stuff of that nature, not comfortable with that. I do appreciate the idea though.

6 minutes ago, Ryan Gann said:

I was not able to find "Dell Command Center" at all. I did find "Dell Support Assist" and did disable it but it didn't change anything really, Vectorworks still crashed. I will try and find this "NZXT CAM" and try disabling that and see if that does anything at all.

Yeaaa, Not a computer savvy guy, I know some stuff but not when getting into the Bios and stuff of that nature, not comfortable with that. I do appreciate the idea though.

The, "NZXT CAM" application was just an example, I don't expect you'll have it installed.  

Hi, 

Same troubleshoot here.  Vectorworks close when resizing the windows. 

My Spec: 

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version    10.0.19043 Build 19043

System Type    x64-based PC
Processor    AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor, 3493 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 32 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    32.0 GB

Name    NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000

My drivers are up to date.

Please advice.

11 hours ago, antoineN said:

Hi, 

Same troubleshoot here.  Vectorworks close when resizing the windows. 

My Spec: 

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Pro

Version    10.0.19043 Build 19043

System Type    x64-based PC
Processor    AMD Ryzen 9 3950X 16-Core Processor, 3493 Mhz, 16 Core(s), 32 Logical Processor(s)
Installed Physical Memory (RAM)    32.0 GB

Name    NVIDIA Quadro RTX 4000

My drivers are up to date.

Please advice.

It's possible, a Windows StartUp application is causing the issue?  Type, "Startup Apps" in the search field of your Windows Taskbar to gain access.  I would try disabling a few items at a time, restart the computer, try Vectorworks again.  If Vectorworks still crashes, re-enable items you turned off earlier, then disable more StartUp items, until you’ve exhausted the list.  We have found for example, the application, “NZXT CAM” running, causes Vectorworks to crash when switching workspaces, tearing off palettes and resizing the application window.  "NZXT CAM" adds an overlay to your screen, so possibly, other applications that add an overlay might be at play here?

Let us know if you discover an application that might be conflicting with Vectorworks.  

We are continuing to investigate the issue and may be able to work around the problem as we learn more.

On 9/27/2021 at 4:54 AM, Gunther said:

It's possible, a Windows StartUp application is causing the issue?  Type, "Startup Apps" in the search field of your Windows Taskbar to gain access.  I would try disabling a few items at a time, restart the computer, try Vectorworks again.  If Vectorworks still crashes, re-enable items you turned off earlier, then disable more StartUp items, until you’ve exhausted the list.  We have found for example, the application, “NZXT CAM” running, causes Vectorworks to crash when switching workspaces, tearing off palettes and resizing the application window.  "NZXT CAM" adds an overlay to your screen, so possibly, other applications that add an overlay might be at play here?

Let us know if you discover an application that might be conflicting with Vectorworks.  

We are continuing to investigate the issue and may be able to work around the problem as we learn more.

Thank you.

It looks like after the last update the issue has been resolved.

but this windows pop-up when closing the application. Any thought?

Vectorworks2022 breakpoint.jpg

On 10/2/2021 at 6:39 PM, antoineN said:

Thank you.

Vectorworks2022 breakpoint.jpg

I have not seen this myself, nor received similar reports, at this point.  Let me ask around...

On 10/4/2021 at 8:22 AM, Gunther said:

I have not seen this myself, nor received similar reports, at this point.  Let me ask around...

I have found a couple bug reports related to crashing on close on Win 10.  However, they were not associated with the issue we're researching in this thread and more related to web palettes in Vectorworks, like Sign-In, BIM Object, Import Mosa Pattern,  Import mtextur.

On 10/3/2021 at 11:39 AM, antoineN said:

As mentioned above, I applied the latest Windows update and the issue still persists for me. 

About the error you're getting: It's not particular to Vectorworks. That error can occur with any program. (Just google that error code). This error code suggests there's something wrong/broken/degraded/corrupt/missing on your hard drive. The affected area might be where parts of the Vectorworks program are written. I'm not endorsing or prescribing the following article, but it might be relevant and useful, given the error you've got: https://www.auslogics.com/en/articles/fix-breakpoint-error-0x80000003/