"Painterly" Renderings from Photo Realistic Images

Kevin K

Andy 

Yeah, I have had the same 'less than acceptable' results, as well.  But this one I was pretty happy with.

Without getting too granular, there are quite a few tweaking options available within the Photoshop 'actions' relating to this.

I had a lot of fun tweaking the various settings. The guy who created the product has a pretty good tutorial available, which is more than helpful.

Check it out if you wish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N1kzWSHTy0

• 2 weeks later...
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

A couple workflow ideas are that if you import an image as a referenced image, you can then modify it outside Vectorworks and then refresh the reference to bring in the modified image.  You could start out with the unstylized image and stylize it with an app and then update the reference as needed.

Another thought is that the newest version of Vectorworks Nomad integrates with the iOS Files app.  This lets any other mobile app get access to your Vectorworks Cloud Services files.  So you could stylize an image using mobile app and bring it back to desktop more easily.  The Files app integration is intended to help workflows like with Morpholio specifically, to sketch on a starting image that comes from Vectorworks and get it back to Vectorworks.

HTH

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, Dave Donley said:

A couple workflow ideas are that if you import an image as a referenced image, you can then modify it outside Vectorworks and then refresh the reference to bring in the modified image.  You could start out with the unstylized image and stylize it with an app and then update the reference as needed.

Another thought is that the newest version of Vectorworks Nomad integrates with the iOS Files app.  This lets any other mobile app get access to your Vectorworks Cloud Services files.  So you could stylize an image using mobile app and bring it back to desktop more easily.  The Files app integration is intended to help workflows like with Morpholio specifically, to sketch on a starting image that comes from Vectorworks and get it back to Vectorworks.

HTH

@Dave DonleySuper, thanks, esp for me the referenced file workflow.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 hour ago, Dave Donley said:

Another thought is that the newest version of Vectorworks Nomad integrates with the iOS Files app.  This lets any other mobile app get access to your Vectorworks Cloud Services files.  So you could stylize an image using mobile app and bring it back to desktop more easily.  

I'd like to provide a few clarification points here. The mobile app used for the image editing needs to have the capability to communicate (import/export files) with the iOS Files App. Some apps can only access files from the iOS Photos app, so this workflow wouldn't work with them. If the app can access the Files app, then the workflow requirements are as follows:

- Store the referenced image file into the Vectorworks Cloud Services folder.

- Run the Vectorworks Cloud Services app, so that the file is synced to the Cloud

- Install the latest iOS Nomad app and sign in

- Open the iOS Files all and enable Vectorworks Nomad as a "Location".

From now on, any file stored in Nomad that is modified by any app on the mobile device will sync back to your Vectorworks Cloud Services folder. So, to get the updated file into Vectorworks only requires an update of the reference. 

Also, I wanted to remind you that the Cloud Services web portal has al Machine Learning-based job called "Stylize image" (available to Service Select members only). Give that a try and let me know your thoughts. 

Here is a screenshots on how to find it.

Screenshot 2021-10-04 at 13.37.33.png

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...