Data Visualization Legend

Ben3B

Hello in VWX 2021 helps I can read :

If a legend is accidentally deleted, create a new one from the annotation space of the viewport. Right-click on the drawing and select Create Data Visualization Legend from the context menu.

But when I right click on the drawing  i can't find "Create Data Visualization Legend" 
where I'm wrong

Thanks !

image.png.73960d5f463fcb392a2a0f6187b20a0d.png

• 2 years later...
12 hours ago, Cristiano Alves said:

How do we control the class where the legend will be created?

I think the legend is just created in whatever the active class is.

12 hours ago, Cristiano Alves said:

And why do I have a legend with the text in RED colour?

I am getting unpredictable/inconsistent behaviour with the legend text colour. Sometimes I am able to control it via the Attributes Palette or the class attributes but other times not. So I have managed to change the text to red colour but now nothing I am doing is allowing me to change it back again. This is in VW2024. I have not tried deleting the legend + recreating it or closing/reopening the file or restarting VW but those would be my next steps if I had the time/inclination to investigate it further... Plus check whether the behaviour is the same in VW2023.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

On 12/27/2023 at 10:31 PM, Jonathan Pickup said:

What are the default settings on the attributes palette? 

I didn't have anything red selected in my attribute palette.

On 12/28/2023 at 9:42 AM, Tom W. said:

I think the legend is just created in whatever the active class is.

I am getting unpredictable/inconsistent behaviour with the legend text colour. Sometimes I am able to control it via the Attributes Palette or the class attributes but other times not. So I have managed to change the text to red colour but now nothing I am doing is allowing me to change it back again. This is in VW2024. I have not tried deleting the legend + recreating it or closing/reopening the file or restarting VW but those would be my next steps if I had the time/inclination to investigate it further... Plus check whether the behaviour is the same in VW2023.

I am still in VW2023 for now, at the end of January I will migrate to VW2024, and I also verify this unpredictability.

Maybe is it a bug?