v2022 icon's !

I changed mine too. thanks fabrica! three versions of the software in my dock, can't tell them apart. they used to change the icon from year to year. Suppose wouldn't have to do this if the official software releases were not basically beta versions that are so unstable, you can't just start using them....oops 

On Windows, press WIN-key type Vectorworks 2022, choose from right Open file location, right click on Vectorworks 2022 shortcut, choose Properties, click Change Icon, browse to location that includes attached .ico file, select and click OK multiple times. You might get prompt that you need Administrator privileges to make change, just OK that also.  

Or if you have shortcut on your desktop right click on Vectorworks 2022 shortcut, choose Properties, click Change Icon, browse to location that includes attached .ico file, select and click OK multiple times. You might get prompt that you need Administrator privileges to make change, just OK that also.

Later has advance that it changes both icons at the same time. 

You might need to reattach shortcut on task bar to update change. 

All credits for graphics goes to @fabrica, I just used converters to .icns to .png. to .ico.

logo_2022.ico

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
37 minutes ago, Don@Black Dog said:

I'll echo NikF's comment. This should have been done years ago, or at least give us a folder with alternative icons or tell us how to change it. This is irksome! 

That's the word, irksome! 

NikF, how did you add the 22? or others, how did you change the colors? 

Thanks and Merry, I mean, Happy Holidays to all!

This depends on your operating system.

On a Mac, you can use most images as an icon graphic just by accessing the item’s properties and pasting your graphic onto the icon in the properties window.

2 hours ago, Don@Black Dog said:

I'm Windows, if that matters, but can't see how to do what you described.

From @aheininen 16 Dec above.

On Windows, press WIN-key type Vectorworks 2022, choose from right Open file location, right click on Vectorworks 2022 shortcut, choose Properties, click Change Icon, browse to location that includes attached .ico file, select and click OK multiple times. You might get prompt that you need Administrator privileges to make change, just OK that also.  

Or if you have shortcut on your desktop right click on Vectorworks 2022 shortcut, choose Properties, click Change Icon, browse to location that includes attached .ico file, select and click OK multiple times. You might get prompt that you need Administrator privileges to make change, just OK that also.

Later has advance that it changes both icons at the same time. 

You might need to reattach shortcut on task bar to update change. 

• Like 3
  • 8 months later...