VW2022 - It looks like it may be live.....

58 minutes ago, zoomer said:

View is snappy but the (everytime new) View Caching when switching

Layer Visibilities takes unrealistically long still though.

I think that is because of the limited 16 GB shared RAM.

Seems to work quite snappy on the PC with even larger files !

No stall at 15% Graphic Caching or so.

(Seems like supporting 2 separate GPU API's was really worth the effort)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Because, as a free lance BIM whatsoever, I could go to any office, plug my own dongle, swap the number and work for them. Now I cannot. 

Because, as dongle user I could use it across ALL versions from the very beginning of the dongle age, and I did: I have machines for most versions, I can develop, recover your file forensically, do anything with VW like no-one out there. Now I can't: only 3 versions supported.

Because, when on holiday in the remotest spot of the Italian Maremma, without even cell coverage, I could dive deep into whatever programming dream of mine. Now I can't, you have deinstall here and there first. Or you might be blocked.

Because, as I have been using the E-version as beta tester for the last 13 years as well, and can tell you that all the totally cool-free-fancy stuff above mentioned simply isn't possible any longer

And finally, because this limit is only in Germany: VW DIDN'T stop dongle support, only our otherwise much esteemed distributor did.

They do a lot of good things. This is BAD.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, _c_ said:

Because, ....

I understand.

Yes, E-License has only 2 activations (+ an extra Corona one, currently, if I got that right)

And it needs an Internet connection and all sorts of data leaks ...

(In the past I could not register because I globally blocked Google Analytics and such

privacy insensibilities)

Looks like every 3 month you have to register again, especially if VW not used on that machine,

on the other hand I see my license activation as being free again after that time frame, to

activate on an other Machine.

(Not sure if just uninstalling VW will really free a license activation (?)

Yes, anti software piracy will not stop from any piracy and just punish any paying legal users,

but as far as I learned, DRM is not meant to stop software piracy but to just prevent legal users

from using more licenses than they have bought. Which might happen otherwise.

If you are in that situation where absolute flexibility needed and current VW does no more comply,

it may be a viable option to add a capable Laptop for ultimate location flexibility (and charge for it).

Or keep latest Dongle capable VW and ask clients to export that file Format and such things.

Or just annoy your local VW vendor with your current situation and ask them to manage the

activation swap ASAP.

9 hours ago, zoomer said:

Or just annoy your local VW vendor with your current situation and ask them to manage the

activation swap ASAP.

Ok, so we all make a demonstration march to Lörrach ? 😆

11 hours ago, _c_ said:

And finally, because this limit is only in Germany: VW DIDN'T stop dongle support, only our otherwise much esteemed distributor did.

German support told me, serial numbers for VW2022 with dongle can't be generated at all ? So this is wrong ?

11 hours ago, halfcoupler said:

Ok, so we all make a demonstration march to Lörrach ? 😆

Yes! LOL

11 hours ago, halfcoupler said:

German support told me, serial numbers for VW2022 with dongle can't be generated at all ? So this is wrong ?

Yes, this is wrong: there is support for the dongle in the main application. I have two licences for VW International version, which is exactly the USA version, only much more expensive. There is no reason whatsoever to limit them. 

• Like 1