Publishing in Grayscale instead of just Black/White!

Gabriel-VW

Question

I've seen forum posts over the years about workarounds on how to publish in grayscale. This is different than black & white vs color options that are currently there. We tend to publish drawing sets both in color and in grayscale and a lot of our hatches come with a background color. The black and white option keeps the hatch but removes all background color from it. (Maybe there's a feature I haven't found yet?)

Attached is a file with two examples. The yellow fill should be a light gray tone in grayscale instead of removing the fill all-together. We tend to rely on acrobat as a workaround but it seems like it should be main feature from VW.

Untitled 1.vwx Untitled 1.pdf

3 answers to this question

Thanks for the response. Unfortunately it's not an image so it won't let me adjust the Image Settings. It's just a plan in a viewport with a few different hatches that have a background fill. When I publish in B&W, the hatch lines still show but the fill is gone. I'd like the fill to remain but desaturated as you mentioned. Is there a way to treat a regular plan viewport (which is in wireframe background render) as an image to desaturate it?

I'm using VW 2021.

Edited by Gabriel-VW
Added the VW version I'm using