Few Questions

I'm a computer newcomer to the Vectorworks world. So, unable to do some things, I am asking here for help:

I have Vectorworks 11...

Is there a way to mass select objects (such as walls), and change them ALL (like assign to ALL of them a render texture)? I cannot solve this and go to EVERY single wall in the building I'm designing to change it to the same texture.

As for roofs. this building that I'm recreating is a rather old building, I believe it's from the 19th Century. It has a very unique roof system that gives you a lot of free space, a loft... I try to select the walls and hit "create roof", but it does not give me enough options of what way I want the roof designed. The roof that is designed just makes slopes coming up from all four size, when the building itself only has two slopes. Since the AEC > Create Roof won't do the job I need it to, what other ways are there to create a roof? how do I go about doing it?

I have another question, but it revolves around renderworks, so I will post it in the respective forum.

Thanks,

Chris K.

You can select multiple walls, and then assign a texture, using the Render pane of the Object Info palette. This assumes that you have already created a texture, using the Resource palette.

After creating a roof, there are "hot spots" located along each edge of the roof. Click on one of these, and you get a dialog that allows you to change a sloped roof face to a gable end.

Not meaning to step on your toes Charles, but there may be some better ways to do what Chris is asking about:

For #1) Create (or use the ones that are shipped) a CLASS for each type of wall in your building. You can do this using the WALL TYPE tool in conjuction with the "SELECT WALL TYPE" command in the AEC MENU. Then you can edit all the attributes of that class, including textures, via the CLASSES dialog matrix. For #2) I often use the ROOF FACE command which gives me a lot more control of roof design. You can also use CREATE ROOF and then UNGROUP the roof and it will become a bunch of ROOF FACES.

Hope that helps (and doesn't give you too much of a headache!)

Peter Cipes

Residential Designer

Ashland, Oregon