Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Caveman Marionette

Nathan Davies

Hi All, 

I've just started to peep into the rabbit hole that is marionette. Not sure it is the correct option, but don't think I am up to starting to learn Vectorscript.

I use Vectorworks and Interiorcad for cabinet design. Interiorcad has a very basic plan view which is pretty much just single boxes. Our customer facing designer has for a long time been purely working in 2d, but I'm trying to encourage her down the 3d and Interiorcad path. She is used to having basic but self explanatory plan views, which customers can easily understand.

She has always cut and pasted previous plan views, and streched or shrunk to the required size. So...

I wanted to try and speed things up for her, and try a marionette solution (don't even know if it is the correct path for such a thing)

I've attached the file with the marionette in, it does the job i want of it (i.e. produce plan view of drawers that change with the width and depth input) but I can't help feeling that there must be a much more streamlined way of doing what i've done. 

If anyone is able to give it a look over and give me some general pointers it would be much appreciated. As i say I'm new to this and feel like a caveman at the computer, doing repetitive tasks, rather than perhaps thinking about it in a better way. The final Marionette will only have width and depth inputs, i just had the others labelled so i could see what i was doing.

Thanks in advance.

Nathan

2D DRAWER PLAN VIEW.vwx