Drawing Label Lineweights

ElementalDan

Question

I am having trouble adjusting the line weight of the drawing label tool.

In previous versions (I just updated from 2019 to 2021) I would adjust the drawing label while I was in viewport annotation mode to a line width of 0.50 and the drawing label would happily comply. In the current version, nothing happens.

I have tried to edit the plug-in style but there are no options for line weight. I have tried creating a new class for drawing labels only but the line type does not change. Does anyone know if there is a fix for this or a plan to bring adjustable line weight back to the drawing labels?

I work in a fabrication shop and my shop drawings need to have the same aesthetics as the shops coming out of AutoCAD. 

1 answer to this question

23 minutes ago, ElementalDan said:

I have tried to edit the plug-in style but there are no options for line weight.

Click on the 'Edit Drawing Label Layout...' button in the 'Plug-in Object Style' dialog to enter an edit mode for the label where you can adjust the line weight.

The Drawing Label Layout can either be by style, meaning each time you edit the line weight it will affect every instance of the label already in the drawing + all future instances; or by instance, which will allow you to adjust the line weight on an instance-by-instance basis should that be the way you want to go (in this case the 'Edit Drawing Label Layout...' button in the O.I.P. will be enabled meaning you can access the settings for each individual Drawing Label object). 

• Like 1