Slightly more than Drop Shadows Plan Drawing

Here's what I came up with:

Made a horizontal section viewport of a model

This will create a SECTION STYLE class for you to define the cut.  I tweaked this and changed the fill color and line weight.  You can adjust this to whatever you like.

Added two directional lights:

1. set to 120 intensity and no shadows (this provides good strong light)

2. set to 40 intensity with shadows on (this provides the shadows and can be increased or decreased to make the shadows more prominent).

In the viewport - set the Background render to custom renderworks and tweak the quality settings and turn off textures/colors. I also went into the lighting options and turned on Ambient Occlusion but lowered it way down.  This can be off or increased if you like the look.  Then I set the foreground render to Hidden line.

File attached.  My shadows are pretty faint in this screen grab, so adjust your levels on both lights to find the happy balance for you.

shadowplan01.vwx

shadow_plan_02.png

Edited by EAlexander
  • Like 3
4 hours ago, EAlexander said:

Here's what I came up with:

Made a horizontal section viewport of a model

This will create a SECTION STYLE class for you to define the cut.  I tweaked this and changed the fill color and line weight.  You can adjust this to whatever you like.

Added two directional lights:

1. set to 120 intensity and no shadows (this provides good strong light)

2. set to 40 intensity with shadows on (this provides the shadows and can be increased or decreased to make the shadows more prominent).

In the viewport - set the Background render to custom renderworks and tweak the quality settings and turn off textures/colors. I also went into the lighting options and turned on Ambient Occlusion but lowered it way down.  This can be off or increased if you like the look.  Then I set the foreground render to Hidden line.

File attached.  My shadows are pretty faint in this screen grab, so adjust your levels on both lights to find the happy balance for you.

shadowplan01.vwx

shadow_plan_02.png

Sweet solution!