Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Landmark - Plant Schedule displaying image of plant

J.Aspect

I was wondering if anyone has created a plant schedule that will also include an image of the species.

I've been trying to attach an image to the plant data under 'Image Detail'.  With both the functions 'Import an External File' or 'Image Resource'(after importing the image into the working VW file.

Then I tried inserting column into the schedule with the database header >>      ='Plant record'.'Image Detail'      <<
However the result that comes up is <image> and doesn't actually show the image that is attached to that specific plant data set.

I've even tried inserting the following functions without any success
=IMAGE(='Plant record'.'Image Detail')     >> RESULTS:       =IMAGE(='Plant record'.'Image Detail')
=IMAGE(S='Plant record'.'Image Detail')     >> RESULTS:       False

=IMAGE('Image Detail')     >> RESULTS:       Custom Image

='Image Detail'

• 1 year later...
10 hours ago, Jack2022 said:

J6470-PLA-ZZ-OO-DR-L-92301-P01.vwxI've attached the file. 

I tried the alternative PLANTIMAGE (1..etc) and still no luck.

I added a photo to the plant styles of two plants only just to test. Ultimately I'm after a grid of photos of the plants in the landscape areas but if we can get one photo to work I can apply to the others.

Thanks for any help.

@Jack2022 the file you uploaded does not have images associated with the plant object.  So, the worksheet is reporting the requested result... no image.

However, there was one image resource in the file, so I attached that to one of the plant styles in the files and and voila...

fixed4Jack.vwx

ScreenShot2023-07-11at14_04_22.thumb.png.9c513503d91a977fff6dbbbc7f2111f1.png

• Like 1

When I tried it yesterday I found I could add images to some of the plant styles but not others. For some reason those with the coloured circle graphics I couldn't get the image to display in the worksheet e.g.

Screenshot2023-07-12at06_10_13.png.8935a3d2782f6f2c0fe28527e11e3bef.png

yet those with the 'normal' graphics I could e.g.

Screenshot2023-07-12at06_10_35.png.3f1e629f4d83c81b23aa683105fe639c.png

Couldn't understand why so left it hoping someone else would explain...

• Like 1

almost there ... it started to work when I drag the plant symbol into the drawing. looks like it doesn't work for mixes applied to landscape areas. You need to insert the individual plant somewhere out the way. 

Now the challenge is to show multiple plants on a grid not just one column. I applied the same =PLANTIMAGE(2) to the next column and it just repeated the first. 

Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.3e2fdf352ee902e3e244119212f76887.png