Edit Hardscape Border

Hello,

Well i'm having an issue with the hardscape tools. I can't edit the 3D model of the hardscape. 

For example, my teacher send me this detail of the border. They used that big rounded concrete rig (i don't know if this is the right translation) below the concrete edge on top.

massame.png.ca4e3e406297733eccaf9169355d235a.png

But in vectorworks it appears like this and i can't change that form.

1910395479_massame3d.png.d28cbaad4c31a1bca8089f6535dbe816.png

Already tried using two diferent hardscape, on for the floor it self and the other for the border, but no results either.

Is there a way to change that form?

Appreciated

I don't think you can portray haunching like that using Hardscape objects. You could probably achieve something similar using Slabs instead of Hardscapes, because you can use the 'Add 3D Object to Slab' command to add Extrude Along Path objects to individual Slab components, but it would be a bit fiddly + wouldn't update automatically if you modified the Slab. 

Something like this:

1349859666_Screenshot2021-09-06at14_43_52.thumb.png.c7b3573626c0e9d92cce7f8449b3233a.png

143243414_Screenshot2021-09-06at14_56_01.thumb.png.6081e71e0979946c0a300e9675041c16.png

Thanks!

So in my case i can try using the hardscape to make the cobblestone path and then use the slabs to make the borders to take the shape my teacher's asking.

Does the site model adapt to this slabs like they do with the hardscapes?

Edit:

When using slabs i can't even show textures. I'm not understanding how to do this.

Edited by Pedro Guerreiro

Specify the textures for the Slab components in the 'Slab Component Settings' dialog box.

No, Slabs have no built-in site modifier function like Hardscapes. You would have to modify the site model directly using the Site Modifier tool or by placing 3D Polygons in the 'Site-DTM-Modifier' class.

You have far fewer options for applying slopes to Slabs compared with Hardscapes so that may be another determining factor in how you proceed.

• Like 1