Surface model from 3D Polygon or Nurbs Curve objects

unearthed

I've received a dataset comprising 1799 stake objects (area is 3.75km² so they're reasonably sparse) and want to build a surface from them, when I try this in VW it says pick a valid object, it won't read the stake objects.

I made a copy of the base dwg and exploded the blocks give me three objects - in bricscad:
MTEXT
Ellipse
Hatch 

each object has the same height, all good so far   https://imgur.com/uXVYpyp.

After importing the above to VW I'm left with 
3D Polygon - a line 24mm long with an accurate height x1091, one end of line is at ctr of Nurbs Curve object
Text - with no height x1799
Nurbs curve - with same height as the 3D poly x1799

So the Nurbs looks like the best bet for an accurate representation, But I don't see any way of using it.
Even a semi-accurate 3D poly based surface would do at a push tho', I see I can add 3D loci to the #D poly's but that doesn't help me much.

I generally avoid making 3D surfaces in VW as have found process and product fruitless in the past but this time it looks like the only way forward. Has anyone else done this> Any tips welcome.

Edited by unearthed
typos
  • unearthed changed the title to Surface model from 3D Polygon or Nurbs Curve objects
On 9/6/2021 at 5:36 PM, Tom W. said:

Can you not just use the 3D Polygons as the source data for a Site Model? Or you could use the 'Replace with Symbol...' command to convert them into single 3D Loci first if you want each line to have one point rather than two + create the Site Model from the 3D Loci.

Thanks Tom W we had forgotten about the replace with symbol workflow, we're building a surface at the moment, thanks for getting us over the hump.

• Like 1