v2022 release date?

fuberator

On 9/3/2021 at 10:09 AM, bjoerka said:

the last years it was the second week in september 🙂

I hope it's then, but my guess would be a bit later given that we've only had one "teaser" which was a well produced video, it would seem strange to just make one or two of these but who knows. I would say it's more likely there would be 4 videos, 1 per week with the release around late September.

12 hours ago, Matt Overton said:

Wasn't "design summit" meant to open today? 

I have a calendar item but nothing else, maybe the date didn't localise and it will all happen overnight. 

Yes, I have the registration as scheduled to open Tuesday, Sept 7th. (The Design Summit itself is listed as Nov. 1-3, 2021).

Edited by rDesign

What's shown in these videos often bears no resemblence to what actually happens in the real software. So who knows if we should read anything into this. But my first reaction is that the layers in this wall don't make any sense constructionally, other than wrapped internal and external finishes which would certainly be good to have eventually.

1307783403_Screenshot2021-09-07at22_03_25.jpg.46410baa03f575dc112054543366a7a1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
2 hours ago, line-weight said:

What's shown in these videos often bears no resemblence to what actually happens in the real software. So who knows if we should read anything into this. But my first reaction is that the layers in this wall don't make any sense constructionally, other than wrapped internal and external finishes which would certainly be good to have eventually.

1307783403_Screenshot2021-09-07at22_03_25.jpg.46410baa03f575dc112054543366a7a1.jpg

It would be good to have those eventually!  How about for Vectorworks 2022?

• Like 4
9 hours ago, line-weight said:

All I'll say is don't read anything into that 😉

• Like 1
18 hours ago, line-weight said:

I would be more impressed if this was happening along the z axis….

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
46 minutes ago, jeff prince said:

So does this mean vertically stacked wall components will be a reality in 2022?  What about wall caps with overhangs?

I see neither of those shown in the video.

But I do see splayed openings with wall components wrapping in 3D.

• Like 2

Hi Matt,

The new 3D wrapping looks great.

… but whats with the calculation for those areas?

I mean 3D representation it one thing, but for a

more perfect BIM we need also the related data.

Can we calculate the wrapped areas separately

to the rest of the area with the same material on the wall side?

The wrapping is more complicate to build,

this results in higher costs.

For a perfect calculation we need separate data

for all wrapped surfaces:

area, both length (depth AND width), maybe volume, separated into inside and outside

and separate for horizontal and vertical surfaces.

Hope you guys can give us also, all formulas for such

detailed calculations.

It would be great if the wrappings (mostly for surfaces in holes in walls)

got its own formulas.  

Greetings and wish you a good start with VW 2022!

Tobi