Jump to content

Apple macOS 12 Monterey Compatibility - Feedback


Recommended Posts

Unfortunately VW 2019 will no more get support for (Big Sur and) Monterey.

Only VW 2022 does and VW 2021 will get a latest Service Pack to support

Apples most recent macOS.

 

Older Versions of VW may or may not run but issues to be expected.

So you can only either downgrade to Mojave or Big Sur (?) or upgrade VW.

Or switch to Windows of course !

 

VW Support offers some official tables for which VW releases is compatible

whith which operating systems.

Link to comment

I've started encountering a crash since the Monterey update and just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing this. VW pauses for about 15 seconds after which the zoom function becomes inaccessible. I can still select tools and menu items, and I can still save the document. I haven't noticed it happening around a specific operation. Rather random. Happens about twice a day. Restarting VW resolves the issue. Not a big deal but really disruptive to workflow. 

 

I read that importing workspaces from previous VW versions could have adverse affects on performance, however I was thinking this might not be the case since VW 2022 was working fine before before I updated the OS. That being said, my knowledge is admittedly rather limited on this so maybe that is the issue. Any advice appreciated.

Link to comment

Hello to everyone

sorry for not reading all the posts, but I noticed that on my 16" M1max will I keep Monterey and need to do big models on Vectorworks. Can someone tell me where are the big unresolved issues? Thanks and apologies

Link to comment
3 hours ago, zeno said:

Hello to everyone

sorry for not reading all the posts, but I noticed that on my 16" M1max will I keep Monterey and need to do big models on Vectorworks. Can someone tell me where are the big unresolved issues? Thanks and apologies

I'm using VW2022 on a 14" MacBook Pro M1 Max with an external monitor and haven't had any issued since I transitioned 10 days ago. Others may have different experiences. The largest project I am working on is a 3-story community center (17,000sf) with an almost 700 mb file size.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
7 minutes ago, zeno said:

When did you order it?

 

18 October

 

I was watching the ship date slip while I was ordering it, so I just wanted to get my hands on one before it became a massive chip shortage delay, and scalpers started selling them for 200% markup on StubHub. I'm still on Catalina, so not looking forward to Monterey at all.

Link to comment
On 10/17/2021 at 5:44 PM, JRR said:

Recently updated to Monterey 12 and it has killed the main menu on VW2022 latest version. I'm running it on a MP16 2019 2.3 GHz i9 with 16 GB memory and Radeon Pro 5500M graphic processor. The app works fine, except for any function that requires the menu. Anyone else?

On 10/26/2021 at 7:12 AM, Gunther said:

I asked Don Seidel to test removing his user folder, allowing Vectorworks to create a new folder on launch, which appears to have resolved his issue.


 

 

On 10/26/2021 at 10:48 AM, Gunther said:

What if you switch focus from Vectorworks, to another application or click the desktop then make Vectorworks active again?  Does this restore functionality, like closing and opening the laptop?


On OSX 12.0.1 (was not a beta user) with a 2019 intel Macbook and I'm having the same Menu bar issues as noted above.

I've tried an uninstall/reinstall with out importing any user settings, deleting the user settings, and pulling focus from Vectorworks and back has not fixed the issue.

With the menu is non-intractable I'm unable to access the top left apple (everything in red in the screen shot), but can access everything else non Vectorworks related in the menu bar (teal in the menu bar screen shot).

Closing the lid with Vectorworks open and then logging back in does resolve this issue.

Screen Shot 2021-11-16 at 11.12.14 AM.png

Link to comment
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 11/20/2021 at 11:09 PM, Cody Worthman said:

Since updating to Monterey with vw 2022, I’m having issues with using the “Z” key to zoom. When I use the “z” key, the box that shows the magnified area is completely blank/void of line work and essentially useless.

This is the first I've heard of this issue.  I gave this some quick testing and was unable to duplicate.  I checked on design layers, rotated plan, sheet layers, viewport annotations, inside multiple views, and whiled editing a group/symbol.

Can you tell us more about your setup?  What Mac are you running and video card if it applies.  If you run multiple monitors, do you see the same issue when using a single monitor?

Link to comment
On 10/26/2021 at 7:48 PM, Gunther said:

What if you switch focus from Vectorworks, to another application or click the desktop then make Vectorworks active again?  Does this restore functionality, like closing and opening the laptop?

@Gunther @JuanP @Pier Luigiwe were also experiencing unresponsive menu bar, VW 2022 on macOS Monterey 12.0.1 but only on MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) 2,6 Intel Core i7 with AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 8 GB. We tried to:

  • switch focus to other applications
  • delete user folder
  • reinstall VW
  • change/recreate Workspace

We experienced the following:

  • VW was responsive only after the first launch (either after installation or after forcing a workspace change, deleting the default one and leaving VW to load an alternative workspace when opening)
  • Commands were still accessible via CMD+F
  • As suggested by others in the forum, closing and reopening the clam makes it working again.

Turning off  the "Automatic graphic switching" option in macOS > preferences > battery seems  to solve this issue

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 12.24.33.png

Screenshot 2021-11-24 at 09.22.11.png

Edited by str
  • Like 2
Link to comment
On 11/24/2021 at 3:45 AM, str said:

Turning off  the "Automatic graphic switching" option in macOS > preferences > battery seems  to solve this issue (no strange behaviour in the past 4 hours)

 

This should always be unchecked. However, it has historically re-checked itself. It's hugely problematic, and I wish it could be permanently unchecked/removed.

Link to comment

Hi Everyone,

I also have an issue with VW 2022 SP2.

 

I am using macOS Monterey version 12.0.1

My computer is a Mac mini 2018 with 3GHZ 6-core Intel i5 with 64GB memory.

 

My issue is that I can't save, I can't save as..., and I can't export anything.

See attached video.

 

I was using VW 2021 and could not export.  but I was able to save.  I upgraded and it turned out to be worst.

Any suggestions please.

 

thanks,

 

 

Link to comment
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
19 minutes ago, SergeB said:

Hi Everyone,

I also have an issue with VW 2022 SP2.

 

I am using macOS Monterey version 12.0.1

My computer is a Mac mini 2018 with 3GHZ 6-core Intel i5 with 64GB memory.

 

My issue is that I can't save, I can't save as..., and I can't export anything.

See attached video.

 

I was using VW 2021 and could not export.  but I was able to save.  I upgraded and it turned out to be worst.

Any suggestions please.

 

thanks,

 

Vectorworks Screen Recording 2021-11-25.mov 8.83 MB · 0 downloads  

 

Do you use a second display or eGPU?  If so, does disconnecting the second display or eliminating the eGPU resolve the issue?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
6 minutes ago, Gunther said:

Do you use a second display or eGPU?  If so, does disconnecting the second display or eliminating the eGPU resolve the issue?

 

Did you already have several issue with second display?

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Hi Everyone,

I also have an issue with VW 2022 SP2.

 

I am using macOS Monterey version 12.0.1

My computer is a Mac mini 2018 with 3GHZ 6-core Intel i5 with 64GB memory.

 

My issue is that I can't save, I can't save as..., and I can't export anything.

See attached video.

 

I was using VW 2021 and could not export.  but I was able to save.  I upgraded and it turned out to be worst.

Any suggestions please.

 

thanks,

 

Link to comment
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
27 minutes ago, SergeB said:

Yes,

I am using two displays.

And by disconnecting one it suddenly works. (?!?)

Thank you for the tip.

 

Will there be a service pack dealing with this issue?

many thanks,

 

 

We have been unable to duplicate in-house, making this issue difficult to resolve at the moment.  We may contact you off the list for more information.

Link to comment
1 minute ago, Gunther said:

We have been unable to duplicate in-house, making this issue difficult to resolve at the moment.  We may contact you off the list for more information.

Since the newer Mac are using their proprietary chips, could it be an issue if I am not.

I choose not to because their ram options were limited.

Anyway, please be free to contact me if you need any info on my setup.

thanks,

regards,

 

Link to comment
1 hour ago, Gunther said:

Do you use a second display or eGPU?  If so, does disconnecting the second display or eliminating the eGPU resolve the issue?

Hello Gunther,

 

on 2019-07-07 I did the VB-162563 "Zeno36_Videogame Mode on walkthrough tool don't works with 2 monitors" where I reported issues with the second monitor. The issue get the system uncontrollable, and the problem persist through years, moderate priority, unresolved, fix version "future". 

 

 

 

Maybe is it connected to the same issue? Actually I have the same problem on my M1 but I did not reported it.

My English is bad now, 2 Yeats ago was a disaster, but I think you can understand the issue

 

 

Link to comment
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
41 minutes ago, SergeB said:

Since the newer Mac are using their proprietary chips, could it be an issue if I am not.

I choose not to because their ram options were limited.

Anyway, please be free to contact me if you need any info on my setup.

thanks,

regards,

 

Difficult to say at this point and something to consider.

Link to comment
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
43 minutes ago, zeno said:

Hello Gunther,

 

on 2019-07-07 I did the VB-162563 "Zeno36_Videogame Mode on walkthrough tool don't works with 2 monitors" where I reported issues with the second monitor. The issue get the system uncontrollable, and the problem persist through years, moderate priority, unresolved, fix version "future". 

 

 

 

Maybe is it connected to the same issue? Actually I have the same problem on my M1 but I did not reported it.

My English is bad now, 2 Yeats ago was a disaster, but I think you can understand the issue

 

 

No, I don't believe the two are related, even it multiple displays are being used.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...