Apple macOS 12 Monterey Compatibility - Feedback

JuanP

7 minutes ago, rjtiedeman said:

Since macOS 12.1 is due out in several weeks what are the chances that Vectorworks 2022 SP2 or 3 will function with 12.1. Should we update to OS 12 now and hope VW2022 SP 3 catches OS 12 or wait.

The problem is that on new MBP you can't install Big Sur

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, rjtiedeman said:

Since macOS 12.1 is due out in several weeks what are the chances that Vectorworks 2022 SP2 or 3 will function with 12.1.

I have macOS 12.1 Public Beta since many weeks.

I don't see any issues vs macOS 12.0.1.

I just see general VW issues, which happen with Windows too.

• Like 1

Yes (as a multiple display user), my reading of it is that it's not safe because "some users" with multiple displays are experiencing problems with save dialogues disappearing.

I assume that "some users" means the problem doesn't distinguish between Intel and M1 macs? So users of either type should be cautious for now?

• Like 1

I have been running 2022 Arch on a mid-17 iMac with 40g ram on 12.1 for a few weeks now and the only issue is that Custom Cabinet works slowly---everything else is nice and snappy.

Not sure why CC crawls like this.

I should add that I use two 27" screens with no issues there.

Edited by ParkerJames
On 12/3/2021 at 12:10 PM, trashcan said:

@JuanP based on that info and what I'm reading in this thread, I guess it's pretty safe to say "not currently compatible". Going to wait to upgrade to Monterey. Is there a way users can get notified when it's "SAFE" to upgrade?

What you are reading here may be skewed towards people having problems, as people who are not having issues, don't go to the forums. I have a new 14" MacBook M1 Max and I use it with one external display simultaneously with the notebook display. I am fortunate and not seeing the issues other people are. It's going to really depend on your setup and comfort level with upgrading. Those who play it the safest wait a year before upgrading (when macOS 13 comes out, you upgrade to macOS 12). 

Edited by Sky
  • Like 3
On 12/7/2021 at 5:26 PM, Sky said:

What you are reading here may be skewed towards people having problems, as people who are not having issues, don't go to the forums. I have a new 14" MacBook M1 Max and I use it with one external display simultaneously with the notebook display. I am fortunate and not seeing the issues other people are. It's going to really depend on your setup and comfort level with upgrading. Those who play it the safest wait a year before upgrading (when macOS 13 comes out, you upgrade to macOS 12). 

People having problems is the reason I read the posts on this web site. It is the best place to go to find the information I need to keep my software running. User forums have been an important resource for me and I am sure it is an important resource for Vectorworks. So the squeaky wheel gets oiled.

Edited by rjtiedeman
  • Like 3
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

There are indications that macOS 12.1 resolves the multiple monitor issue, where the SaveAs and Export dialogs failed to display in Vectorworks 2021/2022.  Some Adobe products were having the same issue.  Waiting for further confirmation from the Vectorworks community, as we were unable to duplicate in-house.

• Like 1
On 11/30/2021 at 11:24 AM, Gunther said:

We have been unable to duplicate in-house, making this issue difficult to resolve at the moment.  We may contact you off the list for more information.

I believe I might have found my issue.

On my main display, a Mac Thunderbolt, the resolution was set at "scaled" instead of "default for display".

I put it back to "Default for display" and I am now able to save and export.

I had the resolution set at "scaled" because I wanted my screen to be easier to read. (My eyes are not what they used to be)

Anyhow, with the default resolution everything seems to work and I can keep both of my screen.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
1 hour ago, SergeB said:

I am running 12.0.1, not 12.1.

An I had issues with saving and exporting but since I set the main screen resolution to default, no more issues..  so far..

I would recommend updating to Monterey 12.1.  If you do, please try to scale your display again and hopefully everything should work fine again in the new OS version.  Please let us know if you decide to do this.

Thanks for the info!

• JuanP unpinned and unfeatured this topic