Apple macOS 12 Monterey Compatibility - Feedback

JuanP

On 10/26/2021 at 3:00 PM, JuanP said:

@sLMA and @GatRedCould you send me a screenshot of what you are seeing? Also, were you using macOS Monterey beta with these computers? We noticed the issue with the open/save dialog box in some computers where macOS Monterey Beta was pre-installed - but nothing on computers upgrading from previous macOS versions.

Thank you for your reports.

@JuanP I erased my laptop, re-installed Monterey from the network’s recovery partitions, and restored my Time Machine save.

After that, I had only the "big saving-window" bug, which is a minor bug > I can use VW like this.

To answer to your questions : no I had no beta of macOS 12 installed before. I upgraded directly from Big Sur.

Sorry, as I restored my computer, I can’t do screenshots anymore.

It was like when I pressed on the "Save As…" menu, nothing happened. As when I selected "Open…" or "Export…". In fact, each time VW called a system browser window.

• Administrator
On 10/26/2021 at 8:24 PM, JohnAthayde said:

I'm seeing this as well and I did not run the beta. I've got 2021 installed as well. 

Thank you for sharing - we are investigating further and we may be releasing a SP sooner for 2021. I don't know if you try uninstalling and reinstalling 2021 already. I think it will be worth to try it. I upgraded an iMac yesterday from BigSur to Monterey and no issues with 2021 - thanks.

For those with 3DConnexion devices, the Beta BigSur driver works fine with Vectorworks 2022 and macOS Monterey.

• Like 1
On 10/27/2021 at 7:51 PM, GatRed said:

@JuanP I erased my laptop, re-installed Monterey from the network’s recovery partitions, and restored my Time Machine save.

After that, I had only the "big saving-window" bug, which is a minor bug > I can use VW like this.

To answer to your questions : no I had no beta of macOS 12 installed before. I upgraded directly from Big Sur.

Sorry, as I restored my computer, I can’t do screenshots anymore.

It was like when I pressed on the "Save As…" menu, nothing happened. As when I selected "Open…" or "Export…". In fact, each time VW called a system browser window.

The bug came back.

I can’t say precisely the reason it came back, but I think it could be link with the fact that I use an external monitor.

I did a video screenshot.

On 10/26/2021 at 3:00 PM, JuanP said:

@sLMA and @GatRedCould you send me a screenshot of what you are seeing? Also, were you using macOS Monterey beta with these computers? We noticed the issue with the open/save dialog box in some computers where macOS Monterey Beta was pre-installed - but nothing on computers upgrading from previous macOS versions.

Thank you for your reports.

Hello Juan, I’m sorry for my late answer. No didn’t installed any Monterey beta om my MBP16. Just upgraded from BigSur with the monterey official release.

I just sent the screenshot to Gunther and with him we discovered that the issue could be with the graphic switch in battery preferencies. 

Let me know if you need something else and thank you for your attention.

Luca

Dead menu bar here as well. Note: this is only on my laptop. iMac works as expected. Reinstalled VW2022 + SP1 with no resolution. As suggested above, closing and opening the lid solves the problem. As asked previously, taking focus away from VW and back does not resolve the issue. It's a workaround ...I guess. 

White background on both devices with no active files. No big deal; I figured it was a new feature. 1986520394_ScreenShot2021-10-31at9_55_25AM.thumb.png.bd1cb93c06ba396597a936c1cc3c3fd2.png

Edited by jason schneider

I updated to macOS Monterey yesterday and discovered I was unable to export DWG's or image files so I updated to VW 2022 from 2021 but was still having the same issues. On some Mac forums it was suggested that disconnecting an external monitor would solve the problem and in my case it has.

Obviously this is very inconvenient and it's an issue for Apple to resolve.

Pordi, external monitors??  "Obviously this is very inconvenient and it's an issue for Apple to resolve."

I have NOT updated to OS 12.0.1 and I can report that VW 2022 has minor issue with the  external monitor connected to my iMac Pro. It seldom knows which is the main screen. My external monitor is a Apple LED Cinema Display connected to my iMac Pro via a CalDigit TS3 Plus Dock.You just have to find a menu on the main screen to get it to come home. Photoshop does the same thing.

I am waiting to update until OS version 12.1. but I suspect that my dual screen issue will still be there. Spock says, “Logic clearly dictates that the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.”

Edited by rjtiedeman

Hi everyone! Just updated to latest Beta version of Monterey, and I can't get Vectorworks 2020 to run! Anyone else working with previous Vectorworks versions having the same issues? Should I downgrade to Big Sur or try reinstalling Vectorworks? Any tips? Started having issues this morning, before upgrading to Beta 12.1 of Monterey, that Vectorworks did boot, but no windows were showing, thought it was because of the Monterey update pending, but now, Vectorworks won't even launch. Thanks! 1160750891_ScreenShot2021-11-03at16_47_09.thumb.png.81ecc7e591685aa852e02473c329dea3.png

Edited by Anna Guzman

It is to be expected that VW 2021 will be the only older VW Version

that will get a latest Service Pack that will bring Monterey compatibility.

Everything VW 2020 and older, may still run or not but does not get

Monterey support anymore.

11 hours ago, Anna Guzman said:

Should I downgrade to Big Sur

Either this ....

or upgrade VW to VW 2022 seems to be mandatory.

It's working for me on Intel iMac:  VW Architect 2022 SP 1.1 + macOS 12.0.1

EDIT: I just noticed that you asked about 2021, so I opened a file in VW 2021 SP4.1.  At first glance all appears normal, but I haven't put it through its paces.

Edited by E|FA
  • Like 2
20 hours ago, pese said:

Hi everyone, i'm using VW 2021 SP2 on a mac mini M1 and i need to update to Monterrey to use other software. Has anyone tried using the SP2 in Monterrey?? does it work? Thanks.

The only things I noticed are :

- really big system windows (Open, Save, etc.) impossible to resize but you can move them

- random trouble with external monitors

• Like 2

Hello Everyone, I am a non-professional user who uses Vectorworks 2019 intermittently for home projects and other drawings. I recently upgraded to MacOS 12.0.1 Monterey on my iMac Pro (2017) and on my laptop (MacBook Pro 2018). What has surfaced for me is the screen refresh issue that was discussed back in 2016. In a nutshell I have to zoom or move the drawing to see the modifications. This happens on old and new documents. I tried changing the display presences to the lower performance options with no improvement. It was not an issue for me with Big Sur. Are others having this issue and are there any suggestions? Many thanks.

• JuanP unpinned and unfeatured this topic