Apple macOS 12 Monterey Compatibility - Feedback

JuanP

• Administrator

This article will be kept up to date with any details about the compatibility between Vectorworks and macOS 12 Monterey:

Are you testing on Monterey? Please use the comments to give us your feedback or to report issues.

• Like 4

OK,

some more experience.

On M1 Mac Mini

(Low memory pressure)

Heavy beach balling lagging when copying Columns by Move by Points Tool.

(Not related to autosaving (by 16 steps)

More likely when copying diagonally vs orthogonal, but not necessarily.

Unrelated to single copies vs multiple copies.

Pasting about 30 VB Visual Tree instances of a single Tree Symbol slows

Viewport down.

13 minutes ago, Mark Aceto said:

The real question is if 3Dconnexion's Big Sur driver will still be in beta by the time Monterey is released:

https://3dconnexion.com/us/support/faq/beta-driver-for-macos-11-big-sur/

Of course !

But for me it works as expected since the few last 3DC Beta drivers.

(Of course the typical VW (-only) issue that needs manual 3DC XML settings entry

with every new VW Version)

Edited by zoomer
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, Shparenkov said:

Does anyone has unresponsive at all top menu bar?

The way the window is grey out like that seems to indicate the app is not active. And I've never seen an all white canvas like that. Other thing that comes to mind is there's a dialog like the Publish Log that's hiding under a window, and needs to be closed first.

• Like 1
On 9/18/2021 at 12:20 PM, Shparenkov said:

Does anyone has unresponsive at all top menu bar?

Never seen it like that before here.

Also Monterey since first Public Beta - on M1 Mini.

10 hours ago, Mark Aceto said:

Other thing that comes to mind is there's a dialog like the Publish Log that's hiding under a window, and needs to be closed first.

Sounds reasonable.

Funny Icons and Software in Apple Menu Bar.

It looks like there is some kind of Anti Virus / Firewall / Security Software (?)

Could this be something that accidentally blocks VW in any kind ?

• 4 weeks later...

Recently updated to Monterey 12 and it has killed the main menu on VW2022 latest version. I'm running it on a MP16 2019 2.3 GHz i9 with 16 GB memory and Radeon Pro 5500M graphic processor. The app works fine, except for any function that requires the menu. Anyone else?

• Like 2

One update on the usability of VW 2022 with Monterey 12. I had VW open with a drawing up. I closed my MBP. Reopened the clamshell. Used the touchID to re-enable the computer. Now the menu is responsive again. Seems to work fine as long as the computer is closed and reopened. 

• Like 1

There is now an official release date for Monterrey (15.0) of October 25th 2021.  The article linked at the top of the thread does not appear to have been updated (it refers to the future release of v2022, which is now out and has even had an update to SP1.) Does Vectorworks have an official statement about compatibility, bugs and limitations so that we users have some basis for upgrading production machines to Monterrey or holding off?

On 8/27/2021 at 7:33 PM, JuanP said:

This article will be kept up to date with any details about the compatibility between Vectorworks and macOS 12 Monterey:

Are you testing on Monterey? Please use the comments to give us your feedback or to report issues.

On 10/18/2021 at 2:44 AM, JRR said:

Recently updated to Monterey 12 and it has killed the main menu on VW2022 latest version. I'm running it on a MP16 2019 2.3 GHz i9 with 16 GB memory and Radeon Pro 5500M graphic processor. The app works fine, except for any function that requires the menu. Anyone else?

Same issue with the official Monterey release yesterday on a MBP 15” 2017 16GB i7 3.1 GHz Radeon Pro 4GB.

There is also appearing a strange app background (when no working files are opened) with a plain white background fill instead the grayed with a little transparency we usually seen.

We really hope the bug will be fixed soon because not all the menu commands have the related shortcuts or icon!

• Like 3

Hi,

I noticed that nothing happen after clicking :

- "Export image file", then "Save…"

- "Export PDF…", then "Export…"

Is that a known issue with Monterey ?

macOS  : 12.0.1

VW:. 26.0.4 (610975)

Edit : It looks like it is the same bug as the "save as" window one…

but this is not a minor bug, it really makes vectorworks unusable. Hope it will be corrected very very soon please.

Edited by GatRed
  • Like 1
  • Administrator

@sLMA and @GatRedCould you send me a screenshot of what you are seeing? Also, were you using macOS Monterey beta with these computers? We noticed the issue with the open/save dialog box in some computers where macOS Monterey Beta was pre-installed - but nothing on computers upgrading from previous macOS versions.

Thank you for your reports.

I just updated to latest 2022 build SP1.1 619242. The issue of a freezing menu is still not fixed on my MBP 16" Intel i9.

As with the previous build, if you close the clamshell and reopen it, the problem seems to go away.

Everyone who is having other issues should try to do the same.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee
12 minutes ago, JRR said:

I just updated to latest 2022 build SP1.1 619242. The issue of a freezing menu is still not fixed on my MBP 16" Intel i9.

As with the previous build, if you close the clamshell and reopen it, the problem seems to go away.

Everyone who is having other issues should try to do the same.

What if you switch focus from Vectorworks, to another application or click the desktop then make Vectorworks active again?  Does this restore functionality, like closing and opening the laptop?

• Like 1
11 hours ago, JuanP said:

@sLMA and @GatRedCould you send me a screenshot of what you are seeing? Also, were you using macOS Monterey beta with these computers? We noticed the issue with the open/save dialog box in some computers where macOS Monterey Beta was pre-installed - but nothing on computers upgrading from previous macOS versions.

Thank you for your reports.

Juan —

I'm seeing this as well and I did not run the beta. I've got 2021 installed as well. 

I've quit and restarted the app (no change), ensured focus of the app (no change). 
The close and open the clamshell does restore menu functionality (as noted by @Jrr)

• JuanP unpinned and unfeatured this topic