Hidden Line Rendering Inconsistency in Top view

BobS_50

Question

Hi

This seems to be a glitch, has it been spotted ? is it just me? Should I take it personally?🤔

I am carrying out a test so I can be sure I understand how changes I make to a wall style will be represented in different views( top/plan, top, iso) and rendering modes (wireframe, hidden, hidden-dashed, open gl, opengl +hidden foreground). I created 8 sections of the same wall style on a design layer, then created 5 pairs of viewports within a sheet layer.   

image.thumb.png.34e06adcd03c9718cee457da67d3732c.png

The issue in drawings 7 is obvious but also shows in  drawing 10 (OpenGL +hidden line FG)...two blocks are displaying differently from the rest of the set.

image.thumb.png.3b3f623afef92e5507b5193fc5b593b1.png

To confirm all the wall segments are the same, and I have tried moving them about within the design layer...it is always these two positions that show the inconsistency, so it must be down to the HL rendering mode. Anyone know what's going on?

While I am here can some one point me to resources/explanations how to (or why I cant) get the hatch information shown on the top/plan view of the walls to display with other rendering modes.  

Thanks

Bob S

I am using VW Architect 2019 on PC

7 answers to this question

@Matt Panzer

Hi Matt

Here you are I/ve worked on it some more as I investigate surface hatches and textures (the issue is still apparent on the four blocks that remain as the same wall style) ....while you are looking can you explain what settings gives rise to the pink fill for the conc. blockwork...it doesn't seem to come from the class settings.

wall render test.vwx

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
56 minutes ago, BobS_50 said:

Here you are I/ve worked on it some more as I investigate surface hatches and textures (the issue is still apparent on the four blocks that remain as the same wall style)

There are some bug reports on this and we're actively working to make the hidden line rendered results more consistent.

56 minutes ago, BobS_50 said:

....while you are looking can you explain what settings gives rise to the pink fill for the conc. blockwork...it doesn't seem to come from the class settings.

In render modes that do not show hatches, the fill color is shown instead.  If you edit the attributes of the class used for the component, you'll see it's using a hatch, however, if you change the fill to solid, you'll see that it does has a megenta color.  Set the color as desired, then change the fill back to hatch and you should see that component in the new color.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Matt Panzer said:

In render modes that do not show hatches, the fill color is shown instead.  If you edit the attributes of the class used for the component, you'll see it's using a hatch, however, if you change the fill to solid, you'll see that it does has a megenta color.  Set the color as desired, then change the fill back to hatch and you should see that component in the new color.

Thanks @Matt Panzer Helpful

What I am struggling with is the disconnect between display of wall styles in Top/plan view and section/3d views.

Is it really the case that a wall style build up only shows on WF TOP/Plan view and does not show in section views or have I missed something? 

TIA

44 minutes ago, BobS_50 said:

Is it really the case that a wall style build up only shows on WF TOP/Plan view and does not show in section views or have I missed something?

The components do show in section in the same way they do in Top/Plan view, but in your VPs there are no sections, only Top + Iso views (+ Top/Plan). You need to create some Section Viewports.