Worksheets and Record Formats

Hi All - I need some help with Worksheets and Record Formats please;

I have a file with 2 design layers; "Model", and "Parts List".

I have built the model using custom symbols, all of which have a record attached.

On the design layer "Parts List" I have a worksheet to list all the part names (a record attached to each symbol), and also a single instance of each symbol.

When I use the =COUNT function in the worksheet, it sums all the symbols with the same part name in the drawing, ie all on the Model layer, plus the additional symbol on the Parts List layer.

So I need a worksheet calculation =COUNT-1 but this doesn't work for a database worksheet.

Or I need to include only the instances on the Model layer in the =COUNT, but  I can't get this to work either.

Or I need a new spreadsheet worksheet that takes the data from the =COUNT column of the database worksheet, and subtracts 1, but I can't get this to work.

I could workaround by deleting the extra symbols on the Parts List layer, but I want to avoid this if possible.

Or maybe a design layer reference to a new file, etc, etc. There are workarounds I could try. But =COUNT-1 is my preferred approach.

Any ideas please?

PFA.

Thanks in advance, Mat.

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 7.33.37 AM.jpg

Screen Shot 2021-08-25 at 7.32.59 AM.jpg