Wish we could navigate to another file whilst the Organisation Palette is open...

shorter

Question

Title says it all...

Just trying to set up a model, so have one file open showing the 2D design intent, whilst trying to set up the storeys and storey levels in the model.

When the Organisation Palette is open in one file, you cannot navigate to the other.

The fact that you are locked out of the file while the organisation palette is open has always been a pain.

Wish you could leave it open and navigate to the file to check something either in the active file or another file and then go back to the Organisation Palette to complete whatever it was you were trying to do.

Edited by shorter

2 answers to this question

3 hours ago, shorter said:

When the Organisation Palette is open in one file, you cannot navigate to the other.

So like Resource Manager, which has the most left column to switch between

Libraries and Open Files ....

3 hours ago, shorter said:

The fact that you are locked out of the file while the organisation palette is open has always been a pain.

When I started VW in 2014 I was generally disappointed that VW is completely blocked

as soon as any Window opens.

As I was used to have Modo and C4D not being blocked, no matter how many

Preview, Command, Settings, ... you name it .... Windows are opened additionally.

So I would like to see this improved globally for all Windows.

So often when I have a blocking extra Window, like Organization Palette open,

I would like to scroll through Navigation Palette or OIP and such things.

Edited by zoomer

On a single screen the (Resource Manager) RM is pretty unwieldy, but yes, an (Organisation Palette) OP that can be docked, or float around and allows you to edit the file, would be very useful, as would loads of dialogs tbh.

That said, the issue I can see is that until the 'OK' button is hit, the file would not update to any changes made in the OP.  Could be an issue.

More info in the Navigation Palette (NP) would be useful.  The NP needs to show a lot more information, IMHO.