ODA

EJM

Question

I'm trying to export a drawing to DWG but get a message  -  

ODA Platform Error

The file could not be opened. Make sure it is not already open in another application.

I turned everything off, opened only the file to export and got the same message. Can anyone help ? I'm not even sure what ODA means !

2 answers to this question

I believe ODA stand for Open Design Alliance.

"Open Design Alliance is a nonprofit organization creating SDKs for engineering applications. ODA offers interoperability tools for .dwg, .dxf, .dgn, Autodesk Revit, Autodesk Navisworks, and .ifc files and a technology stack for visualization, web development, 3D PDF publishing, modeling, and more."

Try restarting your computer and VW.

If that does not work, they you probably need to uninstall and reinstall VW.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@EJM,

Do you see this error when you try to export a specific document or it happens for all the documents? Please, check the destination - you might try to write the DWG somewhere where you do not have rights to write, the file path might be too long or you might have some not allowed chars in the file path. There are some rare cases, when this error might appear due to trying to write a wrongly defined object to the DWG file. Restarting Vectorworks is also something, which is good to try. 

We use ODA libraries to read and write DWG files and show this error when we receive, that something is wrong during saving the DWG. If this is the only document, for which you see this error or saving the DWG to another location does not help, please, send the document and an image of the used export options directly to me.

Thank you,

Nina