How-To: Continuous Line drawing

All,

I am curious as to "best practice / how-to" in regards to continuous line drawings. I am presently working on recreating a Survey for an upcoming project, and I need to know what steps one takes to make continuous lines within the workspace. I place lines that have an exact start/stop point. I have attempted to make use of the "join" tool and I am still not having much success. Any wisdom you can part with is greatly appreciated. I still feel very green in this application, and naturally still learning. Thanks in advance for your time and contributions.

Or draw with the polyline tool in corner point mode? Might help to use color codes or classes or a custom select to isolate the various points at any elevation.

EDIT:

Or draw with the 3d polyline tool if z values needed for each poly (or draw with 2d tools and later Modify>Convert>Convert to 3d Poly, then adjust z value in OIP)

End EDIT

Or select the segments and choose Modify>Compose, or apply the shortcut. Mac OS is a 4 finger salute:    shift-option-cmd-p

This will connect any segments with coincident end points.

Many ways to do this.

Forum folks - Can anyone find and link the recent thread about selecting 3d loci and automatically creating a "connect the dots" polyline?  Maybe in Marionette? or a script?  Sorry, I have no time to search right now.

-B

Edited by Benson Shaw
Add 3d
  • Like 1