Spotlight align and distribute reordering problem

mkue

Question

Hi All,

i have an issue which is bothering my quite a time already and i would like to know if iam doing something wrong here.

When i use the Spotlight tool "align and distribute" on a horizontal selection of fixtures it works like expected, the fixtures are aligned and distributed in the same order as  they were initially.

However when i do the same on a vertical selection, vectorworks reorders my fixtures seemingly "per type". Please see screenshots attached.

I dont know since when i have this problem exactly but i can say that it is in 2020 the same as in 2021

EDIT:

this happens always regardless which distribution mode i choose. Also depending on the initial position, vectorworks seems to reorder randomly, i dont get the pattern how that happens. pls see additional screenshots

I have several workarounds for that already but iam wondering if iam doing something wrong here maybe or if somebody else experiences the same problem.

TIA

Michael

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-19 um 10.55.53.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-19 um 10.56.21.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-19 um 10.56.43.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-19 um 10.57.01.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-19 um 11.10.17.png

Bildschirmfoto 2021-08-19 um 11.10.41.png

Edited by mkue
additional problem specification

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet