Mouse lost its tail

DrSausageGoat

Question

Hi All

Recently I started using 2021 but my Logitech mouse has lost most of its functionality. I've been using the same mouse since 2017. It still works fine on 2020 but loses its brains on 2021. Does anyone know why? I've told the Logitech mouse to accept 2021 as an application (something I've never had to do before) but it made no difference.

It sure is frustrating as my mouse shortcuts are totally ingrained in my workflow now.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Cheers

Edited by DrSausageGoat

5 answers to this question

It sounds like you may have already looked into this aspect, but to be sure; 

As the mouse has its own software and macOS controls what one piece of software is permitted to do to/with another, I suggest you go through every tab in System Preference pane, 'Security & Privacy' and make sure that very section that features 'Vectorworks 2020' also features Vectorworks 2021. 

Hi Jeremy - Thanks, but I'm not a Mac, PC. I don't have to change permissions when swapping from 2017 all the way to 2020. But 2021 doesn't recognize it even though I have specifically instructed it to in the mouse software (Which I don't need to do for other VW versions). I don't think the OS is "blocking it" as it works for all other programs and the basic functions work correctly within 2021, just not my programmed buttons. Might try a different Mouse 🙂  

On 8/21/2021 at 12:51 AM, LDraminski said:

Can you confirm which mouse you are using, make and model?  We have a partnership with 3Dconnexion, but I'm not sure if you are using one of their mice.

So...I bought a 3DConnexion CADMouse Pro and although it is a bit difficult to use currently I'm just going to persist with it as it has solved my issue. One interesting thing though, the swap middle and right mouse button command in the mouse settings doesn't appear to work. Is this common? I would have liked to have my middle finger as the right mouse button and my ring finger as "middle button" on the extreme right?