spotlight gdtf/mvr -> vision = no patch data

Hi

Everything is playing nice in terms of exporting and importing mvr. However the fixtures with a gdtf fixture mode and no fixture mode, has no patch data in vision.

They light up when selected but do not turn up in the vision patch window. I have also merged in fixtures, that have a regular non-gdtf fixture mode set in spotlight, and they turn up fine in the patch.

Does gdtf fixture mode not register in Vision? I hope I am missing something, because I would love to use some fixture profiles from gdtf-share.

Grateful for any insight. 

Fubbi

Specs:

Mac mini M1, Big Sur

Vectorworks v2021 SP4 Build 602791

Vision v26.0.4.602928

Setting in Spotlight:

531870760_Screenshot2021-08-18at14_16_37.png.57a14f1af85313f4e1315b479580f158.png

Screenshot 2021-08-18 at 14.20.02.png

Screenshot 2021-08-18 at 14.19.36.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

The terminology is a little confusing in Spotlight.  The Fixture Mode pop-up in Spotlight is used to select the Vision's proprietary fixture description format, the format we used before GDTF existed. This allows up to support older files and older fixtures that do not yet have a GDTF file created.

When you import an MVR into Vision you will see the option to use GDTF fixtures or Vision fixtures.

As long as you have the GDTF mode selected everything should work correctly. Make sure you are filling out the data in the correct places in Vectorworks.

Visualizer data mapping

Hi

Unfortunately this is not the case for me. I did select GDTF in the MVR import dialog in vision (tried both). But there are no fixtures listed in my vision patch window.

Vision recognizes the fixtures as lights, they highlight when selected, but does not populate the dmx patch.

My workaround at the moment is to use similar fixtures that have the regular spotlight fixture mode, which is not optimal.

cheers

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I wanted to run some tests once I got back from break. It appears in my testing that the patch information comes from Vectorworks to Vision just fine. I used both GDTF and Litfiles in my MVR testing.

One thing to note that may be confusing you, GDTF fixtures will not show up in the Patch Window in Vision. This is a limitation of Vision's GDTF implementation and something we are looking to resolve.

That being said, when a GDTF fixture is selected, you should see proper Universe/Channel in the Properties Palette.