Resource Manager Insertion of Plug In Problem

Kimmi

Question

6 answers to this question

I'm sorry but my student now doesn't believe the issue has been resolved. She says the following:

I have noticed that when I click on a previously imported image from Resource manager the Object info palette shape says "2D Symbol - Scaled"

Then when I click on the box or cross and I try to import, the Object info - shape  says "Image Prop"

Does that help with trying to work out what's going on? And is it what you were saying before - that she is inserting a 3D symbol with no 2D geometry perhaps?

Many thanks!

What I think is happening is this:

In the photo the user is inserting an edited symbol for an Ash tree in winter.  The symbol is a red symbol meant to be used with the plant tool, but it has been edited and all the 2D information has been deleted.  All that's left is the image prop with crossed planes.  That's what is being inserted - not with the plant tool, but with the symbol insertion tool.

The user may be trying to add the missing 2D part of the tree and wanted to change the size of it and used a 2D symbol and scaled it.  And the image prop may have been Converted to Group (possibly also to change the size) and changed from a 3D symbol to an image prop.

There may be some confusion about how symbols work, the different kinds of symbols and how the plant tool works.  If the user would reimport the symbol for Frixinus Excelsior it would at least restore the 2D information to all the currently inserted symbols.