House Rigging Points lost Data Records

Mark Aceto

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I will make an enhancement request, this is happening because the house rigging point tool converts the symbol into a parametric object which then blocks the record being visible in the data pane.

If you ungroup the hanging point object after insertion the data record will become visible, however this will break the house rigging point object and convert it back into a symbol

From my understanding this is the default behavior in Vectorworks whenever a symbol is converted to a parametric object by a tool and the few exceptions to this rule (like lighting devices and trusses) have been specially engineered to allow specific records to still be visible in the data pane

13 hours ago, jcogdell said:

I will make an enhancement request, this is happening because the house rigging point tool converts the symbol into a parametric object which then blocks the record being visible in the data pane.

If you ungroup the hanging point object after insertion the data record will become visible, however this will break the house rigging point object and convert it back into a symbol

From my understanding this is the default behavior in Vectorworks whenever a symbol is converted to a parametric object by a tool and the few exceptions to this rule (like lighting devices and trusses) have been specially engineered to allow specific records to still be visible in the data pane

Thanks for the reply, Jesse. I could have sworn that the house rigging point PIO didn't block the record but maybe I manually added it the first time? This seems like another example of "works as designed" instead of "works as expected" behavior. Anyway, thanks for submitting the VE for this.