Scaling Vectorworks Resources not updating in Interior elevation viewport

b303lmr

Question

Hi everyone,

I've been dipping my toe into using Vectorworks resource library 3D objects to populate bathrooms to create room elevations. 

I've found a sink that is a close enough match to what we intend to use on site, but it is available in multiple sizes IRL and only available as one size in the VW library. I've therefore duplicated the resource, and edited the scale of the duplicate through the Edit 3D Component menu.

However, in the interior elevation viewports the sink remains the same size. Am I missing a step? Is there a way to associate new elevations of a 3D object in a similar way to editing the 2D component in a 2D/3D hybrid symbol?

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Note: I'm running 2021 Architect SP3.1

4 answers to this question

10 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

You need to edit each of the 2D components as well unfortunately. This is quickly done however by deleting the existing one + right-clicking + selecting '2D Component from 3D' or whatever it's called. And choosing Hidden Line rendering

Hi Tom,

Thanks for your reply.

I've deleted the 2D component as you have suggested. This changed the top plan to match the 3D model but the elevations remain unchanged so the front and side views  appear no different.

I've created a fresh file as well, and the front and side views still remain the original dimensions (650x520) not the new ones in the model (600x475)

Do you have any other ideas about what might be causing this?

You need to go through each 2D component one by one, creating the geometry you want to see in each instance:

image.png.1e18ee9b187af7f895eb3e748d30e514.png

You can elect to have the left view mirrored for the right view (or vice versa) + the same for front/back if desired, to save on the number of components you have to create

If you select '3D' for 'Show Other' you will see the 3D object greyed-out in the background which helps understand how the 2D representation is lining up with the 3D object in the different views

104501994_Screenshot2021-08-13at10_52_23.png.897ec03654f9e487b8f567a1300e4cc4.png

Edited by Tom W.
  • Like 2
Just now, Tom W. said:

You need to go through each 2D component one by one, creating the geometry you want to see in each instance:

image.png.1e18ee9b187af7f895eb3e748d30e514.png

You can elect to have the left view mirrored for the right view (or vice versa) + the same for front/back if desired. 

If you select '3D' for 'Show Other' you will see the 3D object greyed-out in the background which helps understand how the 2D representation is lining up with the 3D object in the different views

104501994_Screenshot2021-08-13at10_52_23.png.897ec03654f9e487b8f567a1300e4cc4.png

Knew I was missing a step! Thanks very much.

I'll let you know if I struggle any more 🙂

• Like 1