rough opening on Door/Window Schedules

After years of using Julian's method, and migrating an office template from one version of VW to another, I'm finally getting around to rebuilding my default more or less from the ground up. It's an opportunity to revisit scheduling.

I notice that in spite of the fact that the OIP shows the rough opening for a door/window object in the Shape tab, it does not populate the corresponding field in the Data tab, and therefore that data has to be manually entered in the Data fields in order to appear in a Worksheet schedule. I suppose I could rename the column header in my WS from "unit width" to "rough opening width" and edit the window object accordingly, but gee I'd rather not have to use such a clumsy workaround. Anyone have a more elegant solution? Frankly, the unit dimensions are not nearly as useful on a schedule as the RO (or MO), since one of the key functions of a schedule is to communicate such opening sizes to the framer or mason (since their work happens usually well before units are ordered).

TIA.