Resolution of Terrain?

techdef

Can't really tell without seeing the file, and I am not sure what you mean referring to 'stair-stepped' ?  You referring to the horizontal layered lines where the cut occurs??

Also....'resolution' ??  Not sure I get that either.

That said....check two things.....

1) Make sure that your 'mesh smoothing'  is ticked on and that it is at least set to 60-70. This setting is in File/Doc Settings /Doc Prefs 

2) Definitely make sure that your Open GL Render Settings are set to high, at minimum.

Thanks for the reply - I've done a quick sketch below. Its more visible at the top of the cut, where one would expect a nice smooth line, directly above the modifier at base of wall. Instead its flared out (ok, fine, but not helpful at lot-line developments), but certainly there is some triangulation happening.

Double-checked those two things, mesh smooth is at 80, and OpenGL is set to Very High.

When using Grid for terrain the effect is almost nonexistent, though that brings its own other set of undesirable behaviours (like losing contour lines!)

Screen Shot 2021-08-09 at 9.21.08 AM.png

Yes, you have to use pad with retaining edge to keep the vertical cuts totally vertical.

maybe post your file, if it isn’t huge, and we can sort it out for you. Or, create a file with just the site model.

I personally do not use VW 2021, so the file would need to be a 2020 version.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...