Activate Title Block

Derm

Question

Can anyone tell me what the Activate Title Block check box is doing. I was hoping that it would allow me to control which sheets are picked up by the Issue and revision logs. However it appears to so nothing at all. I watched Jonathan Pickup's video on issueing Title blocks but and it seems to be doing something with sheets but my 2021 version the layout of the Title block manager is very different to his in the video.

Can someone help uncover this mysterious check box?

2 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hello @Derm,

This is taken directly from the VW help page -

"Includes this sheet in automatic sheet number and page number calculations; only active title blocks are included, to prevent inactive or unused sheets from accidental inclusion.

This parameter can be selected or deselected for multiple title blocks at once in the Title Block Manager (Design Series required). Alternatively, create a report with the Activate title block field displayed, and edit the field directly from the worksheet"

To sum up, the Active title blocks are the ones that affect the Total Number of Sheets Project Data value and the Page Number Sheet Data value. This does not affect the issues or revisions.

If you want to add issue/revision data to specific title block only, you can use the Title Block Manager menu command. From it you can open the Select Sheets to Use dialog and select to which sheets to apply the changes. After that, every change that you make in the Title Block Manager will be applied to the selected title blocks only (except for document wide changes, such as Project Data editing, document options or adding/deleting of Project/Sheet fields).

Best Regards,

Nikolay Zhelyazkov

• Like 2