Groups disappear completely from document when pressing ESC key on an action

ECC

Question

Hi there,

I quite often group portions of my work together in the design layer.  I have had this happen on two different occasions / files where I've been using the fill tool on a non-closed shape by mistake which tries to fill Infinity!  After pressing the esc key to try and stop this action, all the groups in the document seem to permanently disappear from my file, even pressing undo won't bring them back! 

Just wondered if anyone else had experienced this?  I have recently updated to 2021 but never had it before on 2017 version. Thank you!

• Like 1

3 answers to this question

The same is happening for me and it is very frustrating. This is one of many issue I am having with Vectorworks - I am using VW 2022. Vectorworks is broken in so many ways - I keep getting told to update and as I continue to do this - more and more problems occur. Vectorworks is unstable and riddled with bugs - some stretching back for many many years. I have been on with technical support who send the bug reports to the development team and I never hear from them again. 

JuanP - you have said to update to 2021 SP4- is this because this issue has been addressed by 2021 SP4 or is this a generic answer that we should always be on the latest version?