Interiorcad - Drawer problem.

Hello, 

Can someone give me some hints on how to save or build drawer properly. 

I built a standard Blum drawer, and saved to Symbol in Interiorcad (pic 1).

Then I reuse the cabinet, and change the size from 600 to 900mm, then the drawer boxes are not stretching (Pic2).  

I have attached the file here, and it would be very grateful if someone can help. 

I been using Interirocad for a while but mainly on simple design purpose, and i found it always have small problems in the new Cabinet 3D tool. I wish it can be more stable in the future. 

Thanks a lot. 

Nap

Pic1.JPG

Pic 2.JPG

Drawer test.vwx

Hi, 

Addition to my previous problem, here is another common problem after select cabinet from library.

All the drillings are messed. 

Not sure if the latest update 2021 F4's problem, but i have attached the picture to show my interiorcad version info here. 

Pic3.JPG

Pic4.JPG

I have contacted Extragroup about the drillings, they are aware of the problem. For the other, I do feel your pain. There must be a setting in your drawer box setup that's causing the issue. I tried saving a symbol with one of my drawer boxes and it does adjust with the cabinet width. I can't seem to see your drawer box details in your file, but they don't look quite right...

@Stephan Moenninghoff?

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 22.38.13.png

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Just a quick update on the situation: we are aware of the insertion bug with messed-up drillings and are working on a fix.

@napwszzm I cannot tell from looking at the document what is going on, I need your custom drawer library for that. I assume you wnet through interiorcad -> fittings -> Edit / Adapt Fittings Library and then chose Drawer Boxes, Drawer Profiles etc.? I need those files from your user folder under /Libraries/Defaults/Custom Part/.

One of the most common mistakes users make is to mess up the groups in the custom fittings, or they delete record formats. Record formats that are attached to groups will also be deleted if that group is ungrouped. We provide a sample geometry with each library document that can be used as a guide how to set up your custom fittings. It is advisable to use this sample geometry as a starting point.

2 hours ago, Ride said:

I have contacted Extragroup about the drillings, they are aware of the problem. For the other, I do feel your pain. There must be a setting in your drawer box setup that's causing the issue. I tried saving a symbol with one of my drawer boxes and it does adjust with the cabinet width. I can't seem to see your drawer box details in your file, but they don't look quite right...

@Stephan Moenninghoff?

Screen Shot 2021-08-04 at 22.38.13.png

Hi Ride, 

Thanks a lot for your help. I chose the drawer set from Interiorcad library, it was Blum drawer. Please see the attached picture for what I did. I did not select the back bracket and front connector/gallery rail. 

I do not worry about the concept drawing, as long as the drilling data is accurate, the production to the cabinets shouldn't be a big issue. 

The annoying thing is the drillings are messed up when I changed the cabinet size in Interiorcad. 

At this stage, I do not use Interiorcad for complicated furniture modelling, but only simple MDF kitchen carcass with screw holes and some other connector holes like 3mm, 5mm, 8mm, 10mm and 35mm. 

I was expecting Interirocad can handle this drilling insertion rules very well, as the units are all simple squared boxes. 

At the moment, the programming time is very substantial as I need to put more efforts to check each cabinet's drilling etc. It doesn't work efficiently on simple jobs.

Anyway, I do hope Interirocad will be stable in the near future. 

Thanks 

Nap 

drawer.JPG

1 hour ago, Stephan Moenninghoff said:

Just a quick update on the situation: we are aware of the insertion bug with messed-up drillings and are working on a fix.

@napwszzm I cannot tell from looking at the document what is going on, I need your custom drawer library for that. I assume you wnet through interiorcad -> fittings -> Edit / Adapt Fittings Library and then chose Drawer Boxes, Drawer Profiles etc.? I need those files from your user folder under /Libraries/Defaults/Custom Part/.

One of the most common mistakes users make is to mess up the groups in the custom fittings, or they delete record formats. Record formats that are attached to groups will also be deleted if that group is ungrouped. We provide a sample geometry with each library document that can be used as a guide how to set up your custom fittings. It is advisable to use this sample geometry as a starting point.

Hi Stephan, 

Thanks for your reply. 

The drawer actually was Blum Antaro from Interiorcad library, it wasn't a custom made drawer. I did not change anything in the custom part settings. 

The only thing I concern is the drilling locations are not in the right place. When I changed the dimension of the drawer, the drillings, drawer positions are not changed parametrically, which showed in the early post. 

Thanks for your time again. 

Nap

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
23 hours ago, napwszzm said:

The only thing I concern is the drilling locations are not in the right place. When I changed the dimension of the drawer, the drillings, drawer positions are not changed parametrically, which showed in the early post. 

Ok, I don't mind having a look at your library files but you need to upload them please:

On 8/5/2021 at 9:07 AM, Stephan Moenninghoff said:

I need those files from your user folder under /Libraries/Defaults/Custom Part/.

Thanks!

Edited by Stephan Moenninghoff
5 minutes ago, Stephan Moenninghoff said:

Ok, I don't mind having a look at your library files but you need to upload them please:

Thanks!

Screws - Custom.vwx

Hi Stephan, 

I just spent an hour to clean the screws I created before. Also, I used the example file to create a new screw. 

I have again start from scratch to build my library. 

At this stage, I have built a few simple boxes to test. 

It seems working right now. 

The problem might coming from the sample screw which only has a drilling instead of two. I forgot this small detail that you mentioned a couple of months ago. 

Thanks again for your follow up, much appreciated. 

Regards, 

Nap