Plant List Graphics - Discuss best practices

One of the things that brought me to Vectorworks was the plant database and other tools suited to landscape architecture.  However, one of the things that has always bugged me was how the software addresses depicting the plant symbol in a legend, it's a tiny picture with no relationship to the size depicted on plan.  That confuses people reading the plans.  So, I started doing it a bit differently a while back (see picture).  This has it's own challenges in keeping things graphically organized since the plant symbol is not part of the legend, but it solves some problems for me.  So, how are you doing plant lists where you need graphics that are either at the proper size or at least proportional to one another such that a tree is not the size of a ground cover?

78516798_ScreenShot2021-08-04at1_42_22PM.thumb.png.9983d2db87be932142aed178b95cfce7.png

• Like 3
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
17 hours ago, jeff prince said:

I guess nobody does plant lists anymore…

@jeff prince I do not make legends very often, but when I do I choosing to make every symbol even but not smaller than 1/2''. Clients sees it related to the blueprint so I'm thinking that he or she realises the difference between rules of legend (plant list) and symbol of a plant in appropriated scale on the plan.
Mostly I use an extra file with plant list and numbers for each species and varieties.

• Like 1