acrobat

tim tripp

i'm using adobe acrobat to send stuff to clients and consultants. it works as a printer in vw. when i use it on small documents (tabloid) the results are wonderful. (a 10 page set of drawings is a 175k file).

when i use it for a large document (say, arch d) all kind of strange things happen. no fonts, weird lay-out. plainly not working.

any suggestions?

Yes, we cannot print large size PDF files either, but have excellent results with smaller size drawings say up to A3 size. It would be nice if Acrobat included larger page sizes in the page size list - the largest they accommodate is A3 without using a custom page size. I think this is where the problem occurs.

Brett

• 2 weeks later...

One possible fix that works for me is in the PDF preferenced dialog box, reduce the Print Quality to either 300 or 600 dpi, it's by default 1200 dpi. Also, you might try changing the post script language level from 3 to 2. I can print D size drawings with no problems in Windows 2000 with these settings. When I use 1200 dpi, I don't get fonts or graphics. Weird, probably a Vectorworks bug which also causes other graphics anomalies I notice.

[ 02-10-2004, 08:00 PM: Message edited by: AnthonyMC ]