Callout Tool (Behind Text Tool)

buz

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yes. Use the "Create Plug-in" command in the Scripts submenu of the Organize menu. In the dialog that opens, scroll down to the "Callout" entry (not "Callout Tool"). Select it and click the Parameters button. The Parameters dialog will appear; the first item selected on the list (as it happens) will be the Text field. Click the Edit... button and in the Edit Parameter dialog that appears set the default text to what you want. Click OK several times to confirm and exit.

quote:

Originally posted by Robert Anderson:

Yes. Use the "Create Plug-in" command in the Scripts submenu of the Organize menu. In the dialog that opens, scroll down to the "Callout" entry (not "Callout Tool"). Select it and click the Parameters button. The Parameters dialog will appear; the first item selected on the list (as it happens) will be the Text field. Click the Edit... button and in the Edit Parameter dialog that appears set the default text to what you want. Click OK several times to confirm and exit.

Robert

I believe there's a bit of misunderstanding here - not sure if it's you or me. Your instructions only allow me to 'change' the default text (verbage) that shows when the tool is selected.

This is how I read the "Callout" entry options.

For some reason the document was bugged and creating a new document through 'work group referencing' has corrected the default font issue. Still though, I have modified the plug in to default with a hollow arrow.

When I select the tool and look at it's prefs, hollow arrow is selected, however after using the tool it defaults back to 'no marker'.

Meaning ...... every time I use this tool it requires an extra click to change to the marker style I want. Very annoying.

Anyone with a means of making this tool work as expected?

[ 01-27-2004, 08:28 PM: Message edited by: buz ]

Answering my own question .........

Even though the Create Plug-In dialog was modified the call out consistently defaulted to 'no marker'.

I found after selecting the tool and placing the intended call out ......... selecting the settings button on the dialog box allowed me to 'permanently change the arrow style.

Seems this may be one for 'engineering'/'programmers' to have a look at and make things a little more straight forward.