Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

BBEdit Vectorscript functions post 2015

Those of you using BBEdit to write vector scripts:  There are several language module plist files floating around to add functions after 2015.  But I've found that the folding for those language modules is messed up.

Last night after talking with @Sam Jones, @Pat Stanfordand I (mostly Pat 🙂) figured out how to add functions to the built in BBEdit Vectorworks language module:

1.  In the BBEdit menu:  BBEdit > Folders > Custom Keywords

This will create the folder  /Users/~/Library/Application Support/BBEdit/Custom Keywords

2.  Put the attached .vs files in the Custom Keywords folder.

3.  If you have any VectorScript .plist files in /Users/~/Library/Application Support/BBEdit/Language Modules I've found you have to remove those files.

4.  I suspect a restart of BBEdit is necessary.  But I was experimenting with different ways to get it to work before I tried removing the .plist files from the Language Modules folder.  So it may not be necessary.

In my testing this provides all the functions after 2015 and preserves the folds perfectly.

These files do not include functions that were introduced after 2015 and then made obsolete in later versions.

VS 2016.vs VS 2021.vs VS 2020_5.vs VS 2020_1.vs VS 2020.vs VS 2019_3.vs VS 2019_2.vs VS 2019_1.vs VS 2019.vs VS 2018_4.vs VS 2018_3.vs VS 2018.vs VS 2017.vs

• Like 2
  • 1 month later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...