Working with textures affecting Attribute settings

kklik

Question

Is anyone else having an issue with the settings in the attributes palette changing to a random preset after editing Renderworks textures? When I close the Renderworks texture editing window the settings in fill and attributes class colour panel change to random settings. It's been happening for a long time - at least two releases ago and I did speak to a guy from the support section about it once thinking I was missing some sort of setting and having replicated the problem on his side he said he would flag it to get fixed, but multiple updates and releases later it still persists. Thought I would throw it out there to see if this banana skin in the workflow can hopefully be resolved soon.

I'm using VW 2021 SP4 on a Mac OS running Mojave 10.14.6

5 answers to this question

Guest Shengxi Wu

Hi @kklik and @Jesse Cogswell,

Thanks for the feedback. Do we have this bug documented in Jira?

We tried and could not reproduce this bug with the information you provided.

Could you please described your workflows in detail? A step by step guide to reproduce this bug, or a video script would be helpful.

@Shengxi Wu The bug pops up when you have your attributes set to "By Class."  Going into the Edit Texture dialog causes the Fill Type, Fill Color, and Pen Color attributes to reset to no longer be by class, reverting to the last manual values set in the attributes pane.  If feels like random colors if you draft with attributes set By Class, as I do 99% of the time.

I've attached a video of this in both Vectorworks 2019 and 2021, but this has been happening for as long as I can remember.

• Like 1