Can't edit incorrect beam angles

When I insert symbols, they are inserting with incorrect information in the "Beam Angle 2" and "Field Angle 2" fields.  For example, a Source-4 26 degree inserts with a "Field Angle 1" of 25° and a "Field Angle 2" of 17°.  I can update this instance of course but I would like to be able to fix the symbol itself.  When I go to edit the symbol, though, it only has a single field for "Beam Angle" and a single field for "Field Angle".  The listed degrees are correct but I don't know how to edit "Beam Angle 2"and "Field Angle 2" within the symbol itself.  Any suggestions?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Kevin,

Yes, that does seem to be the issue, which is strange as I'm using symbols from VW2020.  How do I replace the light info record?  When I try to import a more recent one it says I can't replace the one in the current document.  When I try to import a symbol with a current light info record it only allows me to use the existing record.

Thanks!

Scott

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

As long as you are not using project sharing you should be able to replace the record format with the updated record.

When you import the record or a symbol with the record aratched you should be prompted with a choice to replace, merge, or keep the existing record.

If you do not see this prompt you may have selected the "Always do" option during a previous session and you may need to reset the option to get the prompt back. Unfortunately, this will reset all "Always do" actions.

Tools > Vectorworks Preferences > Session > Reset Saved Settings... >  Check "Always do the selected action" choices (Uncheck the other option)

Hi Kevin,

Thanks for the suggestion.  Unfortunately it does not give me the option to replace the Light Info Record format when importing, even after I reset the "Always do the Selected Actions" option.  It asks if I want to replace the "parts" record format, but for the Light Info Record it still just gives the options to either use the current format or cancel the import.  (see screenshot) Are there any other ways I might be able to import the Light Info Record?

Screen Shot 2021-09-02 at 1.18.19 PM.png