workgroup referencing

lsid

i keep having this message of some layer links are removed from workgroup reference. I removed the layers indicated in the message and added them again into the drawing and again the same message appear. I check the layers and they are all there ( in italics) and check the layer link box and the layers are there. the layers are in the drawings. so ,what is happening? is this a bug?

macos x/vw10.5

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Isid, a couple of comments:

1. This is a general issue, not a VW Architect specific issue, so you may get better (i.e. more expert) response if you post this in the general area.

2. When you get this error message again, capture a screen shot of it so you can provide the exact wording.

HTH

If I'm understanding you right, you've got a file with layer links, and another file with a workgroup reference to that first file? It's not a bug; you just can't reference layer links.

What you need to do is reference the original layers to the new file, and create layer links of the referenced layers in the new file.

You can layer link referenced layers, but you can't reference layer links.