Cable tools preview feature test/ Questions

Hello I'm testing the preview feature : cable tool.

So I've

image.thumb.png.2b3939087b80a8c92dc0ffb5d1ccd0e9.png

48way distributor 

han16 ID 1

han16 > shuko breakout box id1

6X3 par 64 (yes i'm nostalgic 😉 ) 

the par are pluged with daisy chain ... The problem is only the first par take the right circuit number and the daisy-chained doesn't ...

image.png.1aac2798cd5ff8a0a49d7514a7c22247.pngimage.png.16bb1640c07dd59e8a2e93579c9beb53.png

Where I'm wrong ?

Also is a way to know the power consumption and or amperage ? by cable/circuit ? (I know that droped voltage is calculated ...)

Why the cable doesn't automaticly take the circuit number ?

thanks for your help and sorry If the questions aren't new 🙂

• Ben3B changed the title to Cable tools preview feature test/ Questions
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi Ben

15 hours ago, Ben59 said:

the par are pluged with daisy chain ... The problem is only the first par take the right circuit number and the daisy-chained doesn't ...

Why the cable doesn't automaticly take the circuit number ?

There are 2 related problems that you are dealing with here

1. When using Daisy chain mode you have to make sure to set up the auto-numbering to use the same cable run ID for each cable in the chain, or only the first cable in the chain will be given a cable run ID as it is the only cable directly connected to the breakout. If the cable doesn't have a cable run ID there is no data to push to the lighting device
  2. At the moment the lighting device circuit name and circuit number fields only get data pushed into them if the cable object is connected directly to a breakout. I will put in an enhancement request to have this behavior improved, ideally the lighting device should document the connected cable no matter what it is connected to at the other end.

Also is a way to know the power consumption and or amperage ? by cable/circuit ?

At this point in time the only option in Spotlight is to create a custom report documenting the lights circuit name, number and wattage.

Hello Thanks for answer me 😉 

54 minutes ago, jcogdell said:

When using Daisy chain mode you have to make sure to set up the auto-numbering to use the same cable run ID for each cable in the chain,

Where can I set up the auto numbering ?
is here ?
 image.thumb.png.403938ad3c438268c2bfc5db1dde6dcc.png

May is a video somewhere who explain that 😉 thanx