Creating plan for basements -hot to show a cut through a site with a 3d model?

Hello!

I just started using 3D capabilities of Vectorworks for a project where one storey is a Lower Ground Floor. It is important to show the cut through the site on the Lower Ground Floor Plan as a solid hatch- but when I generate the viewport from just the Lower Ground Floor Plan it does not know I want to cut through the ground around it , as it is on the separate Layer called Site Model. 

How would you resolve this? 

See below Lower Ground Floor Plan with site showing just as topo lines, and a section showing my desired cut plane as a red, horizontal line.

50457178_Screenshot2021-07-27at09_36_21.thumb.png.dd65b2c32e1c681963567b48f9eaab3b.png

Screenshot 2021-07-27 at 09.36.06.png

You could try a horizontal section but that will probably cause different problems for you.

The site model doesn't deal with this kind of scenario very well... as it looks like you've already found out, it doesn't want you to make a hole with vertical sides so you get a gap between the building and the 'ground'.

I would probably just draw the site manually in annotations and only use the site model for overview type drawings.