Right way to set tripod and baseplate in "lighting accessory" ?

Hello,

I just begin to convert my Lighting devices v2020 in v2022 (with 2022 beta SP04). So I delete clamps from my old lighting devices, then I created clamps as "lighting accessory" that could be use with my new "lighting devices" library, and now I would like to create tripod and base as "lighting accessory" too.

So I create tripod and baseplate like clamps, that means symbols in 3D must be under z0 and upside-down.

Is it the right way to do that, or is there a special way for those plate/tripod that I doesn't see in VWX2021 / 2022 ?

Here are screenshot of 2 lighting devices both with clamps and tripod/baseplate, and screenshot of my 3D tripod symbol/

Capture d’écran 2021-07-26 à 14.44.22.png

Capture d’écran 2021-07-26 à 14.44.37.png

Capture d’écran 2021-07-26 à 14.45.16.png

Edited by David Dauphin
  • David Dauphin changed the title to Right way to set tripod and baseplate in "lighting accessory" ?

I tend to think of tripods and baseplates etc as Hanging Positions so do not attach them as accessories. 

The Accessory geometry that you pre-load into a Lighting Device should be placed above the ground plane (Z is >0) with the Lighting Device geometry below it.

• Like 1