Changing start value of Auto-Number Settings in Space Tool

pmosher

Question

I am trying to change the Start Value field of a Space Style from 101 to 201. The fields are shown greyed out and I cannot edit them. Is there some feature that will allow me to change the start value that I am not seeing? I have attached a screenshot of the space style dialogue that I am working with. 

Screen Shot 2021-07-22 at 10.01.42 AM.png

4 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Pat Stanford said:

Or set the Space Number to not be by Style. Click the curvy arrow in the Style settings and it will change to a horizontal slider icon and then you will be able to manually set the space number for each space.

image.png.72c83639ef492cfe3512f9792f627822.png

Pat - I want to take advantage of the auto numbering, the building has hundreds of rooms. It works great for a single floor, but if you try and use the same tag on the next floor up and give it a new auto number start value parameter it will think that the numbers on the floor below are incorrect and will want to update. So I figured I would just duplicate the tag style for the next floor up and name it something different and give it a new start value parameter. Wrong! For some reason Vectorworks counts every single instance of the space tool whether or not you use different space styles. Am I missing something? I would like my first floor to start with 101, my second floor to start with 201, third with 301, and so on. Is there a way to make vectorworks separate the floors for the auto numbering?