2021 Gridline tool - how to get certain looks

I have a situation where my client desires gridlines on both sides of a building, but does not want them depicted inside the building envelope.

Is it possible to do that without breaking the object and trimming?

I considered floating a polygon of the building foundation over my grid design layer to accomplish this, but maybe there is another way?

• 2 months later...
On 7/28/2021 at 11:40 AM, TomKen said:

If you are using VW 2021 you can set the grid line weight to 0.00.   1818358031_GridLineWeight.thumb.jpg.4a131650bf217a2081270119bfa456b8.jpg

Is there a global setting to control how the gridlines apear in elevation and section viewports? I love the feature but having to edit them one line at a time in every viewport is no fun.

4 hours ago, Ramon PG said:

Is there a global setting to control how the gridlines apear in elevation and section viewports? I love the feature but having to edit them one line at a time in every viewport is no fun.

As style based objects, you can edit the grid line object's style to behave as you wish.

If you need them to look different from plan to elevation, perhaps explore class overrides?

• Like 1