Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Create Story and Level Types without create new Layers

KroVex

Hi All

Inspired by this Network created by @sbarrett, I would like to create new Story's, but without creating new layers.

To do this, however, the Story should be linked to the existing layer.

The Dev-Wiki says that with the command "vs.CreateStoryLayerTemplate" the creation of a new layer is optional. However, if no layers are created, I need the command "vs. AssociateLayerWithStory" so that the story is linked to the layer. So that "vs. AssociateLayerWithStory" works, "vs. SetLayerLevelType" is also required (according to the Wiki), but this creates a new LayerLevelType (without elevation o.O) and I can't use the existing LayerLevelType from the Node "Create Default Story Level". It is also strange that in the organization I see the additionally created LayerLevelType at the Layer, but as soon as I edit it, it is not assigned to any one:
964682857_Bildschirmfoto2021-07-21um15_43_54.thumb.png.d022b28caf3f2c77721aa1505bbc6020.png

What am I doing wrong?
Or have I misinterpreted the procedure?

File with the new Node:

Story.vwx

Greetings KroVex

PS: I hope the translation is not too bad and you understand what I mean. 🙈

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Hi @KroVex

In the script that I created, there are two levels that aren't associated with layers in the stories, and to create those I made a custom node that creates default levels that are not associated with layers and then adds them to each story. I did not associate them with a layer after creation.

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 10.26.35 AM.png

This is the script inside the "Create Layerless Default Story Level" node - I simply used a blank string for the layer name.

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 10.37.28 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 10.31.54 AM.png

This is the script inside "Add Default Store Level to Story". If the default level does not have a layer name associated with it, it will not create one when added to a story.

Screen Shot 2021-07-21 at 10.31.49 AM.png