DTM not being rendered with shading

IanH

I have created a DTM model using existing filters contour polygons and 9 stake objects at the survey points. It is quite basic. The model ended up in the Mod-foundation layer.

However when I render this it is not being shaded. I have spent most of the morning trying different combinations. All I get is are the poly lines - rendering shaded polygon no lines gives me nothing! It doesn't matter whether I use OpenGL or renderworks.

I am at the point of dispair and have trawled through help and searched the forums. I am sure that it is something basic that I am not doing, but I cannot fathom what.

Suggestions please

Thanks

Ian

When you create the DTM there is a place where you can specify which existing or new layer it goes on.

That it is not rendering is quite likely because it is set to 3D polygons.

Try going back to Site Model . . .

Ensure that Update DTM Models is selected.

Click the Properties button.

Change 3D Display Settings to your choice of renderable surfaces.

Thanks for your help.

I had tried what you suggested but to no avail. However, it got me experimenting further and for some reason (possibly intentional by design) the fill properties for the DTM classes were not set so it was not rendering as it had nothing to fill.

-Ian